Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Sound System Brands

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
lol! I'm chatting to you in 2 different threads and through PM, did you end up adding me on MSN? So much easier..

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 5spd VT S 5spd VX Berlina VP 5spd VS Cal
yeah doing it now, sorry confused myself between the two threads really shouldnt of made this one up..o well :p

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Everyone's opinions are going to be completely different. Everyone has different music types hence different equipment needed, different brands and money definately plays a huge role in it. Holdencommodorevp, your comment was pretty silly, saying this is a crap and pointless thread. Others like to hear what people say about brands and what there thoughts are. Surely you have done the same thing in the past with stereo ****, and even normal everyday stuff, so go easy with your comments.

It is a crap and pointless thread because in the end, like all the other "what brand" threads, it will result in a brand war, with everyone dissagreeing with each other, and so forth.The only opinions that aren't going to be completely different, will be from those who have half an idea on what their actually going on about.

Last edited:

aaron_VR_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR series 2 commodore
okay here is a great lesson for u buddy im only 16 but when it comes to sound systems i know what im on about

sony and fusion are crap fusion is made by sony and they arnt any good

try JVC clarion umm pioneer alpine those r some of ur best options i have a JVC head unit that has USB plug in and its MP3 aswell umm i run clarion 6'9 in the back clarion 6's in the front and tweaters on the dash and i run a clarion sub with 1000 watt clarion amp thats cost me around about 750$

aaron_VR_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR series 2 commodore
but if you want cheap and good quality go for kenwood they are pretty decent

aaron_VR_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR series 2 commodore
Firstly, this a crap and pointless thread, and hopefully there are no further generated questions, after my reply.

People, when are you going to learn that a brand means nothing. It's been said so many times before, it dosen't matter what brand it is, so long as it fits into your budget, sounds good to you, and is of reasonable quality, for the money you spent.

Nofan, that setup you listed would sound like ****. It's all entry level garbage, and again, all from the same manafactuer. Sorry to be blunt, but that's just the way it is.If your new to the scene, maybe hold off on giving advice, until you know a little bit about what your dealing with....Again i'm sorry if i'm sounding harsh, but these threads are starting to get a bit ridiculous.

And Jordz, rather than trying to purchase a complete system, within a set budget, maybe consider focusing more on one, or few sections at a time.E.g, Start with a head unit, then upgrade your speakers, ect, then at a later date, look towards adding some additional amplifiers, and subs if you choose too.

i agree with you on the bottom paragraph about doing it bit by bit there are alot of **** companys out there such as sony and fusion fusion is made by sony they head units are allright but the the speakers dont even bother

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
okay here is a great lesson for u buddy im only 16 but when it comes to sound systems i know what im on about

sony and fusion are crap fusion is made by sony and they arnt any good

try JVC clarion umm pioneer alpine those r some of ur best options i have a JVC head unit that has USB plug in and its MP3 aswell umm i run clarion 6'9 in the back clarion 6's in the front and tweaters on the dash and i run a clarion sub with 1000 watt clarion amp thats cost me around about 750$

Hehehe, Pioneer and Alpine some of the best options? Most people who see me are UPGRADING from those brands! And Kenwood? Have you heard some of their speakers? Maybe some of their really expensive ones are tolerable but not the lower end! For value for money speakers AD and SPL Dynamics are incredible and for subwoofers, SPL Dynamics and VIBE are great too.

If you have any free time, add me to MSN mate. I would love to have a chat with you about European brands and how the mainstream brands can't even compete!

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 5spd VT S 5spd VX Berlina VP 5spd VS Cal
sweet ill take a look into that thanks