Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best sounding rear mufflers for v6.

best sounding mufflers

• Xforce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Difilpo

• Manta

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pacemaker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
I know everyone will say look in the exhaust thread but i just want know what everyone thinks is the best sounding rear mufflers as im getting a exhaust made up and just need to choose what mufflers to put on the back im choosing between x-force which im not to keen on, manta, diflipo and pacemaker's?

any suggestions would be great :)

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
I reckon the best sounding mufflers are the standard ones - they're nice and quiet!

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
I reckon the best sounding mufflers are the standard ones - they're nice and quiet!

Im a silly P plater but that wants to waste money and make them abit louder ;) , i have had just straight threw j pipes on and thought its time to do it properly and make it not sound like a cow dieing or rice cooker :)

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
which ones do you like, since you said you don't like xforce?
have you heard the other 3 in real life, not on youtube?
being it's your car, you should choose what you like, as exhaust sound if very subject - that's why there are heaps of Omegas/SV6's getting around my way with horrible sounding exhausts. I can only assume the owner like them.

Have you put (non-AFM) SS mufflers on as a test? (being they are quite cheaper to pickup and re-seller if you don't like them. They're quieter that the xforce.

Another thing, have you prices all 4 of them?
I remember reading someone asking NAAF about price on Manta mufflers and they were like $800, with a full system being now much more.
Price may be a big factor in your decision - i'm assuming, being a P plater you have a budget?

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
The best mufflers for a V6 ?? , the ones they came with from the factory .

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Ive only been able to hear xforce and different kinds of straight threws as that seems to be the thing in the town i live in, so thats why i dont really wanna go xforce or staright axle back and i have had ss mufflers on mine before but they didnt really change much but that is a idea because i still have them laying around so they might sound better when i get the exhuast made since it will be a 2.5" X/H pipe to rear hotdogs then the mufflers so might sound good and stop it being overly loud?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
i just changed mine over to a hooker aero in the middle and Flowmaster Hushpower DBX at the rear, has a nice sound. As usual do your research and you get what you pay for.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
sounds like you're over complicating it.

2 1/4" exhaust are as bigger as you should probably go without any FI on alloytec if you don't want drone.

the reason that exhaust thread was created is because one member started about 5-10 different thread to do with putting an exhaust on his SV6 ute.
from memory he ended up getting a 2 1/2" manta system from NAAF and hated the drone.
then I think he sold it and bought a 2 1/4" xforce system and loved it: https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...me-exhaust-thread-11-a-82.179079/post-2540233

There are a few members on here with 2 1/4" xforce systems of their SV6's, Major Herbie springs to mind, he's very happy with his stainless xforce system: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/my-sv6.233258

there's a guy up the road from me with a SV6 ute, nice looking, terrible sounding, so I assume it's a 2 1/2" system.

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
sounds like you're over complicating it.

2 1/4" exhaust are as bigger as you should probably go without any FI on alloytec if you don't want drone.

the reason that exhaust thread was created is because one member started about 5-10 different thread to do with putting an exhaust on his SV6 ute.
from memory he ended up getting a 2 1/2" manta system from NAAF and hated the drone.
then I think he sold it and bought a 2 1/4" xforce system and loved it: https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...me-exhaust-thread-11-a-82.179079/post-2540233

There are a few members on here with 2 1/4" xforce systems of their SV6's, Major Herbie springs to mind, he's very happy with his stainless xforce system: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/my-sv6.233258

there's a guy up the road from me with a SV6 ute, nice looking, terrible sounding, so I assume it's a 2 1/2" system.

Okay i should give youse the full story, I have a sidi llt sidi ute so i dont really get drone and even when i had the straight threws i would only get it at like 110kpm so thats not really a problem and i was given a s/s 2.5" xforce catback for my j pipes but it was a horrible fit and i didnt really like the sound of the xforce systems and since thats what every one has where i live, so im getting it changed to more like a manta or dilfilpo exahuast setup since i didnt pay anything for it and its cheaper to get it made/changed up then just buying a whole new one of the stated brands? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.