Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best spark preformace

calais_crofts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
hey guys just wondering what are the best brand for quality and preformance of spark plugs and leads to suit a v6 out of a 2001 VX Calais S2 .. Quick answers are the best answers.. Thanks William:hmmm:

calais_crofts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
why that brand? why are they so special ? if i buy autolite plugs should i get the same brand in leads? thanks william

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
For a standard motor, go to supercheap look up the NGK part number to suit the ecotec and use them. For the cost you wont notice a difference over the fancy ****. Good set of leads is worthwhile though.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Unless you run stupidly high compression or forced induction, any plug will do. I only really use NGK or Champion. Never had a good run with Bosch plugs so I steer clear of them. Leads are leads are leads though, get what you can afford really.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
On my Vx i only use NGK. Even at work we recommend NGK to Customers and no complaints.

NGK make Iridium Plugs that last 60,000Ks compared to the standard ones that last between 20,000-40,000Ks

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Unless you run stupidly high compression or forced induction, any plug will do. I only really use NGK or Champion. Never had a good run with Bosch plugs so I steer clear of them. Leads are leads are leads though, get what you can afford really.

Only reason I get 10mm leads is because they don't tend to snap when I pull them off.
I'm a rough bastard with my own cars though.