Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[350] Best sparkies and leads for my 215i

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
My 215i senator is just about to hit 400,000k's so im gonna do a big service on it. Whats the best sparkies and leads for it, its completely stock and I have no plans on working the motor.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've had good results with the Bosch OEM type leads. I use the LPG specific leads because LPG is harder on ignition systems and if they work with LPG then on a standard engine they will be sweet. Previous to that I had used eagle 9mm leads but had a number of ignition issues. The Bosch leads solved my issues.

I've use NGK and Champion plugs. OEM plugs are good also.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
You will notice bugger all difference between them. I used Eagle 10.5mm leads but am not real happy with them. Only reason I went to 10.5 is the extra heat protection really. Spark plugs I just use whatever is available.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
so it doesn't really matter, sweet, if the expensive isn't really needed then fark it

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You will notice bugger all difference between them. I used Eagle 10.5mm leads but am not real happy with them. Only reason I went to 10.5 is the extra heat protection really. Spark plugs I just use whatever is available.

The issue I had was that after a while the car started to develop a miss and multiple sets of eagle leads had the same issue. Bosch leads were fitted and the miss didn't return.

In terms of performance I don't think you will notice a difference either.

IF heat protection is an issue then go for something like this Black 1200° Spark Plug Wire Boots Heat Shield Protector Sleeve SBC BBC 350 454 | eBay

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
In saying that though I will be getting a set of top gun 10.5mm leads to trial in the next couple months. Love the look of spark plug leads as thick as battery cables :p

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
It doesn't really matter what you use as long as they aren't top gun leads, they're junk.

Well glad you spoke up before I spent the money on them. Funny how the big dollar leads are junk.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It doesn't really matter what you use as long as they aren't top gun leads, they're junk.

Care to elaborate? The Top Gun 10mm that came with my (second-hand) kit have outlasted anything else I've ever had before. In total they have 30k and 2 years from me and about 3 years and 60k from Josh. Still pushing out low resistance high voltage spark.