Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best tint for VF

55ams

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 sedan manual
holden did my tint + yrs ago "darkest legal" its not very dark i reckon its alot lighter than it should be im planning on redoing it very soon

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I just went with 20 all round. I was told by the bloke (cousin's partner) doing the job he would have went 5 on the rear window on the ute. I am second guessing myself now, wondering if I should have went 5 on the rear window. 20 all round doesn't seem all that dark. Anyone gone darker than 20 on a rear window?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I just went with 20 all round. I was told by the bloke (cousin's partner) doing the job he would have went 5 on the rear window on the ute. I am second guessing myself now, wondering if I should have went 5 on the rear window. 20 all round doesn't seem all that dark. Anyone gone darker than 20 on a rear window?

5 is great if you dont want to be able to see out at night ;)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I have 5% on the rear window of all my utes and 5% on the small windows just behind the 'B' pillars.

I have 5% on the rear window of my BMW Coupé and 5% on the windows behind the 'B' pillars.

I have 35% on the front side windows on both vehicles.

Both comply with the NSW regulations.

Both cars have external mirrors to deal with rear vision and the tint even though it's dark still allows a better view out the back then say if I had a load in the tray.

Car lights behind me are easy to see and if I've driven past it then I probably don't need to see it from behind.

When I'm reversing I use the rear camera as much as anything.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
On plain glass I’ve always used original windex and a lint free cloth to clean my windows inside and out. Works a treat. But Windex and tint film don’t play well together because of the ammonia.

Every thing I have see at the auto parts stores say ‘not for use on window tint film’ or similar disclaimer (even with ammonia free stuff).

So what do you guys use to clean your tinted windows?

Yeah, I know, who needs clean windows when it’s 5% since you can’t see through it anyway :p

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I had 5% all round on my Calais V wagon. On a bright sunny day, it's generally ok. But during overcast conditions, not to mention night time (or worse, a rainy night), I found it borderline dangerous. Many a time, I had to wind windows down to get a decent view before proceeding.

So for me - never again. 20% on the Senator is a good compromise IMO.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition