Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best tint for VF

Vf2_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 my12 SS commodore
Hi everyone! I'm looking to tint a vf2 sv6 and I'm after some advice on where to go and where I can get the darkest tint? I'd love to hear any recommendations, my last tint on my VY2 s was at tint-a-car box hill, I think I got OCTANE was pretty happy with it but I hope to hear from people. Also do the different types.. ie metal or ceramic etc... make a difference? Thanks

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I've got Octane on my VE.....darkest looking legal tint is their claim.

I'm happy with it.

Unless you want illegal tint, I don't believe there are too many darker looking options.

What are the tint laws in Vic ?

Here in WA, can only go 35% on the front driver & passenger windows but down to 20% on everything else excluding front windscreen.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Regularly get darker than legal metallised tint, not hectic gangster black black, however dark enough to actually work, on my cars, my mates, and some customers get it as well, I have never heard of anyone getting a defect for that alone, if you are being a total dick the cops may go crazy on everything they see on your car, I have had SUVs, hatches, the Redline and other normal size sedans all with darker than legal installed. Not one issue. 35 % in summer where we are just doesn't cut it.

Vf2_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 my12 SS commodore

I'm happy with it.

Unless you want illegal tint, I don't believe there are too many darker looking options.

Here in WA, can only go 35% on the front driver & passenger windows but down to 20% on everything else excluding front windscreen.
Yeah here in box 35% all round, it's deal. Yeah I was pretty happy with OCTANE, may go that again....

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
ive only had 20% on my cars, my VT and VE used 3M, this time went with Suntek.
I much preferred the 3M.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I have 20% 3M on my VF SV6 and the E3 Clubby. The Clubby has been pulled over on quite a few occassions for RBTs and never been questioned. Here in NSW its 35% all round for being legal. Besides the front windscreen of course.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
I've got Octane on my clubby and wife's x-trail (front windows only, rears being privacy glass), and quite happy with it.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE

I'm happy with it.

Fairly sure SA is now the same as this (down from 35% everywhere but windscreen)

A others have said 20% is kind of the limit for obviously noticeable.

Ive had Tint a car formula one which was 38% Not quite dark enough IMO, especially for privacy. Id go between 20% and legal limit next time. Too dark can be poor for night driving especially reversing without a camera. Also too dark is an issue for sight of line for other cars in traffic but shouldn't matter.

edit: SA

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I get 20% all round and it is good, never had an issue with police in wa.
20% on the back and 35% on the front looks like crap imo.