Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best tyres for big burnouts

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
hi all,

feelin a bit rich so i wanna go out and get some tyres and fry em on a skid pan just for fun, what i want to know is what are the best 15's to get for big amounts of smoke, leave good dark lines and last a while because it's also going to be on video.

cheers all.

btw i'll ask now, it's not illegal to do burnouts on someones property if it's atleast 5 acres and your doing it in the middle of the property is it?
need to know cuz thats where i'll be doing it.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
im in the tyre industry the best tyre for doing burnouts is Good Year Cargos full stop.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
dude you can do a burnout in ur driveway as long as its inside the fence line of ur property. if your on private property the pigs cant do anything bout it. my mates old house was burnout central, his driveway was a skid pan it was permanently black the cops used to get called out all the time and just asked to stop it due to noise even had a cop or to light up there vy's. but thats all they can only ask you not to for the noise and possibly the smoke if your in a residential area

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
ya best off buyin a 2nd hand tyre thats been worn in if its smoke ur after even retreads r good 4 fryin ona pan lol tho i rekon pirellis p6000 would b my pick 4 thick dark smoke n wen they leave a mark they leave more then just a mark half ya rubber on the road if ya doin it right hahaha ;)

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
heeno said:
btw i'll ask now, it's not illegal to do burnouts on someones property if it's atleast 5 acres and your doing it in the middle of the property is it?
need to know cuz thats where i'll be doing it.

asfar as i know, as long as its private property and the owner agrees to it then go full noise :w00t:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
a "secret tip" for putting on a good show is to pump up the psi to about 40 or so (depending on the type of tyre), this way the tyres are really hard and spin easy as and they will also make a hell of a bang when you pop 'em

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
just dont let this happen to u, doing a burnout up country on a property, in a massive shed, and the firebrigade turned up.

Yes and we ended up with the call out bill. back then they slugged us $600, approx 9 years ago, i still dont think its that dear....

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
just let the neibours know " hi dont mind our shed, we're just hooning in a controlled enviroment "

i had some no name brand tires, $104ea 205/65/15 but the tread was a little wide ( i thought it was a 210 or a 215 till i read the side ) good for smoke, marks werent all that impressive. tyre was called "Tornado"

biut if you have the money to splash then go for a really soft compound tire, they'll make a right mess ^_^ dont forget to carboard your rear 1/4's i still have rubber under my car from quite a while back.