Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best V6/auto combo for T/Turbo setup on LPG

datsonovic

Reaction score
Members Ride
280c
G`day,

I`m thinking of replacing the L28 (2.8 datsun ohc) motor and tranny in my 280c. It is already fitted with a draw through LPG turbo setup but I don`t think that the auto will take much more and replacing the tranny with an up-graded unit seems to be throwing good $$$ away when I could get a complete VN-VS commie for about the same $$$, and throw a couple of T25/28 turbos and intercooler at it.

There is heaps of room under the hood (no struts) and I`ve thought of running a V8 but I don`t like V8s and although budget is no concern I`d prefer to run a more common motor (cheaper parts at the local repco).

It will be running straight gas on a draw through turbo system (440 gas research single carb and twin T25/28 turbos) and I`m not scared of making up a couple of log style manifold as I have made a few of these systems quite sucesfully in the past.

What in your opinion is the best motor and tranny to go for, I`m looking for something that will take maybe 350+BHP (without any mods),

Please any negative or positve ideas?

What is the toughest stock V6 commie motor and tranny to suit?

Cheers,

G O T H E D A T!!