Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best V6 exhaust for price/sound?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had a resinator delete on my V6 and it sounded like arse. It was droney on the highway and raspy when you put the pedal down. I since fitted a 2.5 cat back Redback with resinator and its quiet but that's what you get with a V6.
As for Rhino being top quality, not sure about that. Blokes i have heard that fitted them said the pipes didn't line up properly with the original mounting points and cat.
If you want some more noise fit a CAI and some Pacemakers. That will help a tad and won't sound terrible.

Shmoovin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Ute
I had a resinator delete on my V6 and it sounded like arse. It was droney on the highway and raspy when you put the pedal down. I since fitted a 2.5 cat back Redback with resinator and its quiet but that's what you get with a V6.
As for Rhino being top quality, not sure about that. Blokes i have heard that fitted them said the pipes didn't line up properly with the original mounting points and cat.
Is there at least a bit of okay sound with the 2.5?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sounds almost stock on a Buick, even with Pacies, CAI and rockers and that's the best it will get. You could get a 2.5 with dog and muff and see how it sounds but get one where they can fit a resinator if it needs it as chances are you will. I get smidge of induction noise and not much more but its better than rasp.

Shmoovin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Ute
Ahh alright no worries thanks mate

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I got rhino exhaust on vp v6 ute...it's cheap for a reason.

Hit just about everything...had it on/off several times to belt in wherever it touched.

Now using it for v8 not only does it need more clearancing it's almost as quiet as a stock car

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I haven't yet heard a nice sounding aftermarket exhaust system on a Holden V6. The good old Red 6 sounds better than the V6.
Having an auto behind the V6 only makes the mind numbing drone worse.
Then change to 1st gear around the street to hear it pop lol, yes true but the straight 6 you can change over the extractor as well to get better sound its a bit hard to with having all the anti pollution gear on new cars, mine not a drone sound its a reverb sound and at times makes my ears go crazy. Everyone to themselves, rebel sound better than the redback I use to have.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If you want some more noise fit a CAI and some Pacemakers. That will help a tad and won't sound terrible.

Just have a straight out pipe, lol. I just compared prices and I assumed rhino were good as they cost more than redback, I like the rebel I have its sounds ok.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Any aftermarket exhaust system fitted to a Commodore with Alloytech/SIDI engines will make the Baby Jesus' ears bleed...

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Glad I saw this thread as I was thinking about getting something but might not now. I like the way these motors sound at high rpm though, might get a pod just so I can hear a slight growl.

Shmoovin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Ute
Glad I saw this thread as I was thinking about getting something but might not now. I like the way these motors sound at high rpm though, might get a pod just so I can hear a slight growl.
I still might be, because I might be able to get it super cheap, I won't know until I try.. right? I'll let you know how it goes I guess