Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Value 245/30R22 Tyres?

Jaz11

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 Ute
I'm Very much due for new rear tyres (general wear, no burnouts) so im just going to do the whole lot at once. But im a total noob when it comes to Tyres.

Car, 2010 Ve SV6 Sidi Ute. Mostly used around town with occasional highway. Ive heard the Falken Fk452's are good but they are discontinued now and hard to find. Just want long lasting, good grip in the rear (being a ute) and less road noise.

Im hoping to stick around the $1000 mark if i can.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Sorry to say, but this is the perfect opportunity to get rid of the 22's and buy some 20's if you like big wheels.

22" tyres in the correct profile aren't available in the correct load rating, and the ride will be absolutely awful (which you're probably used to by now).

Availability of tyres in 20's or smaller would be much better and you'll have a lot of different brands to choose from, not to mention you'll be able to afford better quality tyres. It'll drive and handle much more nicely too.

Jaz11

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 Ute
Love my 22's, definitely not going to spend extra money on new rims to go smaller. I want a hot street ute. Not a luxury Comfy Bentley