Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best VH Commodore disk brake upgrade 15 inch rims

Holty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Gday peeps, I want to upgrade my disk brakes. I currently have disks front and rear from factory. Whats the best bolt on brake upgrade for for my VH Commodore. Currently running 15 inch simmons.

H

harrop.senator

I'd be going vt-vz with an upgraded master cylinder/booster set up.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
vl turbo-vn/p 290mm discs with alloy caliper & braided brake hoses will bolt straight on.

vt conversion is adaptor hubs,brake hoses,vt discs & calipers then modified vt booster & m/cyl with adaptors or can vs booster with vt m/cyl.

I've got standard brakes on vh sle as in v8 booster,270mm disc/caliper set it stopped surprisingly well for big cammed stroker...better than vp ute with baby cam 304,lighter weight & bigger 290mm brakes

Holty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
vl turbo-vn/p 290mm discs with alloy caliper & braided brake hoses will bolt straight on.

vt conversion is adaptor hubs,brake hoses,vt discs & calipers then modified vt booster & m/cyl with adaptors or can vs booster with vt m/cyl.

I've got standard brakes on vh sle as in v8 booster,270mm disc/caliper set it stopped surprisingly well for big cammed stroker...better than vp ute with baby cam 304,lighter weight & bigger 290mm brakes
Yeah sweet. Its in the workshop atm getting the 308 stroked out to 355. Do you think the stock brakes are adequate for the extra horse power?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Yeah sweet. Its in the workshop atm getting the 308 stroked out to 355. Do you think the stock brakes are adequate for the extra horse power?
stock brakes?
whether 4, 6 or 8 cylinder, just fine and dandy up to .. about 60kmh :rolleyes:
you wanna go faster (most do) then a later VN/VP V8 setup or later VT/VX swap is a must :cool: