Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best VZ parts

Matt Matt Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore wagon
Hi Guys. Some parts advice please.
I’m looking to replace the lower control arms and caster bushes myself on my 04 VZ. When I search for parts, I find prices vary wildly. There’s a lot of on line parts available for around $150 for the full set, or over $500 from a store like Repco. Any tips on the best ones to go for?
I thought I would replace the whole control arm as I’ve heard old bushes can be hard to get out

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi Guys. Some parts advice please.
I’m looking to replace the lower control arms and caster bushes myself on my 04 VZ. When I search for parts, I find prices vary wildly. There’s a lot of on line parts available for around $150 for the full set, or over $500 from a store like Repco. Any tips on the best ones to go for?
I thought I would replace the whole control arm as I’ve heard old bushes can be hard to get out

Leave repco alone...They are overpriced to buggery.

Get replacement control arms.....Just unbolt old ones and bolt new ones back in....And get alignment afterwards

Caster rod bushes...Get the adjustable ones.....Allows more scope to get the car driving straight (in a nutshell)

Matt Matt Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore wagon

Get replacement control arms.....Just unbolt old ones and bolt new ones back in....And get alignment afterwards

Caster rod bushes...Get the adjustable ones.....Allows more scope to get the car driving straight (in a nutshell)
T

Thanks VC. I’ve not heard of the adjustable caster bushes, where would I got those?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY