Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best way to clean battery

SHANBANGER

Der Meister
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS S2
is there anyother easier way man?

preferably something i could do at home

cud i test it with a multimeter?

Yes you can test it with a multimeter or a "voltmeter" whichever one it is. Just stick the two "probes" into each side of the battery and if the battery is all good then it will come up with about 14 and if the battery needs charging or replacing then it will be about 10. Im not sure if it makes a difference which probe goes where but swap it around if it isnt working. Hope you can understand this!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yes you can test it with a multimeter or a "voltmeter" whichever one it is. Just stick the two "probes" into each side of the battery and if the battery is all good then it will come up with about 14 and if the battery needs charging or replacing then it will be about 10. Im not sure if it makes a difference which probe goes where but swap it around if it isnt working. Hope you can understand this!

this will not test the battery properly. all your doing is checking if it has charge. the tester actually load tests it, and makes sure that it'll hand cold cranking, if any cells are shot and how well the battery holds charge.

SHANBANGER

Der Meister
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS S2
this will not test the battery properly. all your doing is checking if it has charge. the tester actually load tests it, and makes sure that it'll hand cold cranking, if any cells are shot and how well the battery holds charge.

ok then thanks, i gave it a shot anyway

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
pritty much mate, unless you google testing your battery, n tests come up that you can perform at home, but i doubt you'll be able to fully test it like the proper testers do it