Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best way to clean battery

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
the name says it all ^^

i dont really wanna disonnect the battery encase it resets something but will just spraying good amout of dregreaser on it and a brush clean the terminals up nicely then wash it off?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Only thing it should reset might be your radio presets. If you have a factory radio, make sure you have the pin number, but other than that there's no problem disconnecting the battery. It's a common thing to do when you work on the car.

As for cleaning it, just use a wire brush to clean the terminals, and use a damp cloth to wipe it down. I wouldn't spray degreaser on it, if it's really grimy maybe spray a little on a rag and wipe it, but don't go nuts.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
u can poor hot water over the terminals, will get rid of any build up, but if you want to clean em good, u'll have to disconnect them and attack em with a wire brush.

EDIT: danja bet me to it :)

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ahh kk yeah i got factory radio dunno its PIN tho wud spraying a lil bit of degreaser on the connecting be ok just to sofen the muck up (i got a lil pile of it there) then just use the wire brush to clean it up

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
lol dude ur funny

just in case ur serious :p yes we all have to start somewhere

10mm socket or spanner, undo the nut (u dont have to remove it) then it should be loose enough to wiggle off, wire brush the battery terminal (carefull not to short the 2 together) then wire brush the wire terminal (the big loop, dont know the proper name) then place the ""the big loop"" back on the battery pushing down all the way, then do up the nut again.
repeat the other terminal :)

mincedmeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina SII eco
bit of soapy water and a rag should do the trick, if its in the vs wouldnt worry bout reseting things as long as uv got the stereo codes

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
lol dude ur funny

just in case ur serious :p yes we all have to start somewhere

10mm socket or spanner, undo the nut (u dont have to remove it) then it should be loose enough to wiggle off, wire brush the battery terminal (carefull not to short the 2 together) then wire brush the wire terminal (the big loop, dont know the proper name) then place the ""the big loop"" back on the battery pushing down all the way, then do up the nut again.
repeat the other terminal :)

thanks for that, thats the details i was after lol

where will i find the codes for my radio?