Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best way to drive a vs (Auto)

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
thanks guy lmao wasnt going to drag the thing just like going on long drives just checking up on the thing about 3rd

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
the reason why members on here say to leave it in 3rd round the city is so the box isnt constantly changing up n back down, plus the the engine/box will labour in overdrive. it is a known fact to disregard overdrive city driving. overdrive (4) is mainly for open road ;)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Meh, i always leave it in overdrive city driving. Unless i feel like manual shifting it.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
lol same, its only in 3rd for 'engine braking' yes i know everyone has an opinion on this but i've had no problems. ;)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
To any one who says that you can achieve a faster 0-100 or 1/4mile time or whatever, by manaully shifting an auto, i'd really like to know, what's steering the car while your doing this??

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
um , your right hand LOL , unless you are insinuating they have their right hand on their sausage ?

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
Like what has already been said here; put it in 3 for city driving and D for hi-way driving. If you have a hand book, have a look in that. It tells you which gears to use.

sl33per

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
95 VS Executive
To any one who says that you can achieve a faster 0-100 or 1/4mile time or whatever, by manaully shifting an auto, i'd really like to know, what's steering the car while your doing this??

im really really confused about this one...unless ur right arm has been chopped off for some reason
why would two hands be off the wheel to change gears?
one to push the button and one to move it up?
and even still, if both arms werent on the wheel, im sure ppl have got wheel allignment thats not going to drive them at right angles
ur post is one to say wtf at :confused: