Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best way to drive a vs (Auto)

focco123

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vs commodore wagon manual
get a manual

:)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yes it is set to shift at the same speed at above 87%TPS weather its in power or economy.i drive in 3rd around town and 4th on the highway saves the engine labouring round

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
it's all about saving yor engine... after mod's to engine and tweek's in the gear changing (i have it changing when i want it) you don't want it labouring around the place or chopping between 3rd and 4th all the time. if i'm in town it won't go into 4th on light acceleration till i'm doing roughly 60kmh. if i'm not going to hit 60 for a while i leave it in 3rd which yes, also help's with braking. why wear out expensive pad's all day? if you want to know what work's best for you on the strip then there is only 1 way to find out mate.... get into it and get used to what work's best. changing up the gear's yourself will be best on the strip, you just gotta keep your eye on that rev counter so you change up before the rev limiter cut's in.

outbackjack

Reaction score
Must say this is a new one to me.

I would leave it in D, thats what autos are for.

I know some manual cars dont like being in 5th around town or towing?