Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best way to get the s2 throttle body to face forward

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais,vk calais padock basher
whats the best way to get the s1 and 2 manafold to face forward, can you just turn them around or will it block things off?

if i was to get one made could i just make it into a big tube style manafold, im kind of over the box shape the mace makes.

tim

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the alternator will need moving is the worst thing

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i can't quite remember but i think the american version of our early V6 had a forward facing manifold...i know for certain the ecotec did, in a banana style similar to the aussie 304.
might be easier to look into getting one of those...

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah there is a v6 bannana manifold in the states looks good too think its some form of composite material if i remember right.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i can't quite remember but i think the american version of our early V6 had a forward facing manifold...i know for certain the ecotec did, in a banana style similar to the aussie 304.
might be easier to look into getting one of those...

the yank banana manifolds all face backwards, but theyre in a fwd setup, so they have clearance. i still have a l27 manifold sitting in the shed, half done. i will get it on a motor oneday, with tb facing the front.

Pict00v18.jpg

that was as far as i got on it, before getting distracted with the vp.

i still want someone to import one of these manifolds(the earlier ones ran normal cable throttles, not fly-by-wire).

59240d1233910612-history-lesson-3800-v6-owners-3800-series-ii-3.8l-v6-l36-_small.jpg

they were used in the camaros and firebirds in RWD.

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
makes you wonder why we never got those motors, there horn i love em, i might just have to cut and weld it back on to get it to work, thatnks gyes

tim

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
do those banana manifolds flow better and is there any advantages having the throttle body at the front... i think its looks nice lol.. if it has advantages and could possibly make better power i'd try o get one and move my alternator to fit it on

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
unsure if they flow better. the l27 yank motor(vr for example) had more torque over the yank ln3(vn s1), but this could be attributed to the other changes to the motor at the same time.

they look better, and would make for a shorter air flow, by making a OTR CAI, and less heat soak.

if you want a front mount tb, without buying a new manifold, flip the stocko around, ge tthe elbow rewelded as a straight pipe, and move the alternator and other bits to clear the belt. then its just a matter of extending wires, re-routing coolant line, etc.

id suggest using a vn s1 manifold and flipping that, then the thermostat housing will stay at the front. you'd have to use s1 heads or get the pcv holes in the s2 heads welded up though, as the s1 manifold only half covers the holes.

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
hmm ok guess ille have a plug at it and see how i go. thanks