Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best way to increase ride height?

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
I know I should be banned for asking this, but on a recent trip I found my car to be to low for some dirt roads.

Is there some thing quick and easy I can do to change the ride height when I need to (once every 3months or so). I don't want anything permanent, or anything that cost 5k to put in like airbags.

Would changing to 20" steel rims help with the height much?

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Not unless the profile is larger - you need to increase the rolling diameter to make the car higher........ Coil overs are adjustable but not really worth the price or ride quality, you could just take the bumpers and side skirts off lolsss

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Question is, is it stock suspension or have you already lowered it?

Your options are coilovers/adjustable shocks or airbags...and remember, what you pay for is what you get.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
Just learn to change the springs yourself and buy original omega spring and stick em in haha

VE_SS_V8

Lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sedan, 57 Chev Belair, Harley Davidson
adjustable coilovers are probably your best option...

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I am fundamentally against airbag suspension - but I can see their merits in this instance - There's no cheap and easy solution - would have to be one or the other - ie cheap = springs you change yourself and easy = airbags.

Even less cost effective method is to buy a Wrangler for when you're going on the dirt roads.

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
It is stock,

Will look in to the coil overs

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
You can get the bags that just sit inside the spring and you pump them up when you want increased ride height then deflate afterwards, no idea on the gayness of the handling with them inflated...

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
You can get the bags that just sit inside the spring and you pump them up when you want increased ride height then deflate afterwards, no idea on the gayness of the handling with them inflated...

Are you talking about the likes of poly airs etc ??? I always thought they where ment for towing or carrying extra loads,to keep your vehicle level etc.Not to raise it Could be wrong