Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best way to install speakers in vk door

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
hey..

an upgrading my stereo system and am wondering how hard is it to install some speakers in the door. currently there are 2 speakers on the rear parcel shelf.

thanks

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Depending on what look you want... Rip off the door card, and see if there's enough room mount it flush to the door. If there's not, either space it out with MDF ring(s) or get/make a pod.

For it to look relatively original, your best bet would be making some sort of pod... Colour and material matching, and try to match the lines of the original trim. Fiberglass maybe?

If you just want speakers, and are happy to do it on the dodge, just space it out with MDF rings and use the cover that comes with the speakers :thumbsup:

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
or you could get yourself some vs commodore speaker pod map pocket assemblys and use them i recon they look good and space them out too

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
The old 15cm by 15 cm trick. Looking at the bottom left of your say drivers door with a black marker go up 15cm from the left and across 15cm. mark with a dot. Centre point for your 6.5 inch. Clears the double metal at the botttom left of your door skin and allows clearence for the window winder.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
yup...what luke said! Works a treat!