Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bet you don't see this on the news!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Tight park? That's just over the top - Local News - News - General - The Warrnambool Standard
Parking trouble reached new heights for one Warrnambool shopper on Friday when a driving mishap caused her car to smash through a tree and over another car in a busy CBD carpark.

The driver, in her 60s, was shaken but unhurt when her Ford Falcon crushed a tree and drove over an unoccupied car parked in the facing bay at the Ozone car park about 9.30am.

Senior Constable Jon Bamford, of Warrnambool police, said it appeared the driver had accidently hit the accelerator instead of the brake while trying to park.
“She has been taken to hospital just for a check-up and there was no drugs or alcohol involved,” he said.

Passers-by were keen to gather around and take photographs of the scene. While the accident no doubt gave them plenty to talk about over Christmas dinner, it meant headaches for the driver of the other car, Marie Mansbridge, who returned to her Toyota Yaris to be confronted with the damage.

“I came back and got a big surprise. It’s not a very good Christmas present,” she said.

The near-new company car was purchased in February.

“The car belongs to Emmanuel College, but it’s a disadvantage to me all the same,” Ms Mansbridge said.

“I am heading off for holidays on Monday and was going to take that car.”

Liam Fitzgerald witnessed the accident from his workplace at the Warrnambool Telstra Shop and said he had never seen anything like it.

“I was looking out the window and I suddenly saw the white car launch into the air and there was a big bang,” he said.

“I literally saw a flying car. It was bizzare.”

Rushing to the scene, Mr Fitzgerald said the driver was more concerned about the state of the other car.

“She said she didn’t know what happened,” he said.

“It’s probably quite lucky that the tree was between them or there probably would have been more damage.”

Now I didn't see this on the news at all. How is it a "hoon" caught doing burnouts in an industrial estate hurting no one (but potentially himself) turns into a nation wide man hunt on ACA, TT, etc yet someone who caused property damage and could of potentially seriously hurt someone and nothing...........biased much!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Because she is in her 60's lol.

Oh, and someone posted this already in the jokes section :)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Shows the society we live in and the mindset of the deluded public. They should at least cancel her license and issue her with a fine. I'm sure if I mistook my accelator pedal for my brakes at a set of lights I'd recieve a fine or have my car impounded.

Tatiana

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I am quite sure she would have received a fine, it just wasn't mention in the article.

Tatiana

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I am quite sure she would have received a fine, it just wasn't mention in the article.
Fair enough Sash, but had it been a P plater it would of been car seized and loss of license for sure, not a slap on the wrist.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Why is it you can't seem to go 1 day anymore without someone talking about hoons?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I just had a look at the pics... Do these people plant their foot to the floor when they are trying to brake? When Im parking I barely need anymore than a tap of the pedal. How the hell does a car go over a tree and up and over another car if they are trying to brake in a carpark...

Tatiana

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree, a P Plater would have probably lost enough demerit points to lose his/her licence. Just as you say being a non p plater the whole article is played down.

Maybe she got such a shock (ala driving Miss Daisy) she won't get behind the wheel again.

A few years ago an old lady did a similar thing to my Company Car, I wasn't driving at the time one of my staff was using it. At the scene she was so distraught that she asked the Police to cancel her licence on the spot. A few weeks later I spoke to a family member regarding the claim and was told that she refused to drive again and had cut up her licence.