Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Telly Talk' started by Rajesh Koothrappali, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Trayner

Trayner Fresh prince of Pakky

Members Ride:
    Vz ss 6.0L Thunder , Vz S One Tonner
    I hope that we get more of Saul working in the Cinnibon after the events of Breaking Bad , like say jessie walking in or something

2. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Perhaps, but the Cinnabon that he works is in Montana and Jessie is in New Mexico, not a commuting distance.

My wife is a big fan of the show and we did the Breaking Bad tour. We even stopped at Walter's house, the lady that owns it is nice, came out for pictures and to chat a bit. I was surprised all the people that park around to take photos. We went also to Hank's house, is pretty high up in the mountain side. Was snowing over there and at lower grown was dry, interesting. Saul's office does not look like the one on the show, changed a lot. The Pollos Hermanos where Walt met Gus, is called Twisters. Is a Tex-Mex fast food joint like any taco place, they serve Burritos; the Pollos Hermanos mural still inside; is located in a crappy Albuquerque area, very low class. The A1 Car Wash is called Octopus Car Wash and still operational. The place were Jessie was going to get picked up on the side of the road is the side of a reservoir pretty high up on the side of the mountains. The motel where Hank was messing with the crack hooker is next to a nice hospital; they have a sign that states "No Photo Allowed" (perhaps too many shady characters frequent the place). Even we went to the Denny's that Walt went to eat breakfast. The waitress say the chair is always taken, I think they have a Walter Special (the breakfast that he eat on the show).

When you go around the town looking at the locations, you start to see the same cars like you are followed. I thought was creepy and funny at the same time.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  3. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    My sister in law created a drinking game while watching Breaking Bad.

Everytime you hear Jessie saying "Yo" or "Beetch" you take a shot of Tequila, if he says "Yo and Beetch" in the same sentence take a double shot.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  4. Rajesh Koothrappali

Rajesh Koothrappali Banned

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    He actually never said beetch. It was definitely BITCH for Jesse!

5. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Of course not... but was misspelled intentionally to avoid censorship bot. Apparently does not change the word for what I can see. BTW, bring it down a notch, no need to be so up tight.

6. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Here are some pics from the Braking Bad places.
    Pollos Hermanos, the real joint; sorry for the image turned 90 deg (tiny pic website has a mind on its own sometimes).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is the place that Jessie used to live when his girlfriend choked herself to death.

[​IMG]

Denny's restaurant where Walt had his breakfast, that is the counter they used on the show (dam it tiny pic!)

[​IMG]

Gus's Fring house.

[​IMG]

Walt and Skyler's house. That is some of the many people that you encounter. The owner is in the garage; she is friendly though.

[​IMG]

Saul's Office, the place called Vault; is a nightclub.

[​IMG]

Hank and Marie's house.

[​IMG]

The place where they get picked up; John B Robert Dam.

[​IMG]

The Motel were Jessie was staying with the crack whore.

[​IMG]

My little girl going to paint the cars at the Cadillac Ranch; just on our way to Las Vegas.

[​IMG]

7. Jecs

Jecs PAVTEK Race Engines Staff Member

Members Ride:
    '97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
    awesome work sky!

just watched the 3rd episode. yep this TV series is going to EPIC!!

8. Trayner

Trayner Fresh prince of Pakky

Members Ride:
    Vz ss 6.0L Thunder , Vz S One Tonner
    Yeah it feels like its already at BB level

9. aussieakito

aussieakito Holden Dealer Master Tech

Members Ride:
    Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
    Watched all 3 episodes out so far, must say the 3rd had a real BB feel.
    Loving it!

10. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I do not know if you guys know the TV Show Saturday Night Life; the show that launched Eddy Murphy, Kevin Nealon, Dana Carvey, Chevy Chase, Mike Meyers, Adam Sandler and many other comedian's careers; he was a writer in that show. Was watching their 40 anniversary and made a cameo; they made fun of the BCS show.

New Mexico is a borring ass place. Now you see why we did the "Breaking Bad Tour", there is nothing to do in that oversized town. The city itself is not that big. Is like Colorado as far the weather. Because of the mountains, it has different layers of weather patterns. Right bellow at the city, was somewhat overcast. Going up to Hank's house is up in the mountain side (really nice neigborhood though) and you can see by the photo that was snowing, if you see the pic of the dam (is about mid point) is not, is a matter of fact, all the pics were taken very same day.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  11. torana355

torana355 Member

Members Ride:
    VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
    My reservations about this show have disappeared after the first 3 episodes, so far im loving it!

12. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Same here, I was a bit skeptical about it but seems to have a nice pace to it. A lot of stuff happens in one episode. If you remember Breaking Bad was pretty slow in the first season.

13. XUV

XUV Member

Members Ride:
    HSV XUV
    yep, that's what made it relatable, no fast paced, over complicated conversation, just a suburban mundanes.

14. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I think he is going to help the "bad" guys. He saved Nacho's ass (Nacho Libre!!!) on this one. Tuco and the gang has some heavy drug deals going on, they are going to pay top dollars to Jimmy keep them off the jail. Kind of falling on that path; is either work per $700 a case or several $1,000s per case. He is going for the cash because needs it and is afraid if he does not some bad will happen (brother?). The name change, I think it has to do with protecting his brother. Mike is going to leave the Parking Attendant job and join Saul, he seems to have a grudge towards the Law Enforcement (bad experience) and he is going to come handy on cleaning up messes (crime scenes).

My take on how the show on how is going to end is by taking his own life. Episode 1, to me, has the look and feel when someone is not happy with life and remembering the past before commiting suicide.

What would be nice if the producers make another series with Jessie. He knows Walt's formula and he is the only one in the world that knows it. What if, he gets cornered/forced somehow and he start cooking again; take them someone like Walt did (Jessie) and screwed someones business like Walt did with the Mexican cartel.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015