Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Better Fuel Economy But...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I have replace most things to do with the ignision on the wagon 3.8 includong the oxy sensor, CAS, DFI, Core pack and now getting around the 11L/100km around town. It had fallen to 15L/100km and ran as ruff as a dog stalling and so on.
But now the idle is all over the shop. Could this be the Throttle Body Sensor? Or the other bit that screws into the throttle body with the TBS. or something else? Has good power throu the rev range.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The IAC valve in the throttle body controls the idle, some VN's like to get a bit of idle surge going as if they are running a top fuel cam. rrrRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRrrrrr like that, worth trying to clean the IAC valve out and with some carbon cleaner and tissues, clean the throttle body out where the IAC valve travels up and down in it and the little valve and spring, see if that fixes it, the motor itself might be dead but try cleaning everything first

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
my mechanic said to give the TPS a clean just before reconecting as is oxidises quickly.my idle was rough and sometimes stalling until i got that done.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Sounds a touch like my car after i did the Oxygen sensor the idle was ruffer after warm starts.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks people. Throttle body out tomorrow. Cleanning the bits. see what that does. Cheers.

PS no codes.

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The throttle body is clean. While it was apart I put a new set of plugs and leads and just under No. 2 plug the exhaust manifold is cracked along the weld. I guess this could be upsetting the idle a bit. That's the next job....

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I don't know if that would really as i had a passenger side crack that started as a hair line fracture and ended up being a big arse crack, But the car still went good.
But they are common to do that they are pretty ****, No-wonder everyone gets Extractors:D

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that...I have just got a cable for the ECU to download data. I'll see what that spits out.