Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Better horns!

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Ever since I got my VN I thought the horn was pathetic (and also slightly embarrassing), so today I thought i'd do something about it.

I got another horn (500hz) complete with bracket off a Falcon which I think was a late 80's model. The hole on the bracket where it bolted to the bumper had to be enlarged a bit, but then I just bolted it on where my original horn was attatched to it's bracket. All I had to do then was add in extra connections for the new horn (which I took straight off the existing horn wiring) and I now have a better and louder horn.

Not the most exciting thing to do to your car, but it had been bugging me for ages and now i'm happy :D

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
enjoy beeping at random people!

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I never just beep for the sake of it.................................................................honest.:whistling

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Loud, mean ones . . . I'm up for one! Mine also embarrasses me . . . standard, of course!

What are my options? Mates with VP Calais and VR exec are also interested.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
You could try tracking down a set of Statesman twin horns. I know Statesman's from VS on definately have good twin horns.

Or you can take the easier option that I did and get the horn off a late 1990's Falcon, then bolt it on to your car as well as your original horn.

In both cases you need the brackets that hold the horns on to the cars that you get them off, but the Falcon bracket needs the screw hole drilling out to make it larger to fit on to your car's horn bracket.

Or you can take the real easy way and go to a motor factors and get a low tone horn to bolt on with your existing one! Probably under $20 but TBH i've not looked at them properly yet.

You need to take another feed off both the positive and negative wires running to your original horn to power the one you will be adding which ever option you go for.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Mack said:
Get one from a Mack truck, hehehe.

hhmmm horn not usually the thing stolen off mack trucks..... but hey different is good :p

*doesnt have a Mack bulldog in her possesion anymore :(*
D.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
A guy I used to work with had a truck horn on the top of his Motorhome! It scared the crap out of people when he used it :D

Standard horns out of most cars will fit, so it's really a question of finding a horn you like the sound of and getting that horn (or horns) and bracket off a car in the wreckers. Easy!