Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Better V8 sound S2 SS

craigwed

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS sedan
ive just bought a SS series two sedan.. was just going to put the 2.5" catback on it to make it a bit louder.. has anyone done this and are they happy with it?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
ive just bought a SS series two sedan.. was just going to put the 2.5" catback on it to make it a bit louder.. has anyone done this and are they happy with it?

Lots of people have done that and are happy with it.

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
I have an Xforce 3" Catback, I get a little bit of drone doing highway driving but if I close the Varex's its not a problem at all... Its more quiet than stock!

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
Walkinshaw extractors have arrived. Booked in on Friday woohoo!

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon

I have a lukey 2.5" catback in stainless and it has no drone at all and sounds great without being too loud.. Am doing extractors n cats next

Brad

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
Yeah sorry mate that s fly wheel rating. I'm not sure what it puts out at the wheels.

i would estimate about 230 - 240 at the wheels ... most peple that have them dynoed run about 210 atw stock so yeah you gained 30 at the fly so around 20 - 25 at the wheels ...if you care or not what ever

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
i would estimate about 230 - 240 at the wheels ... most peple that have them dynoed run about 210 atw stock so yeah you gained 30 at the fly so around 20 - 25 at the wheels ...if you care or not what ever

Thanks for the info mate :)

I am hoping more a more throaty louder sound with extractors and high flow cats. I will know by Friday lunch time.