Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Better V8 sound S2 SS

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
Had the job done. I'm probably 90% happy. The sound is awesome. Just getting used to the feel, might sound silly but I feel more of the engine vibration though the steering wheel and pedals. It's probably just the frequency the full exhaust system puts out? Have a slight metal on metal rattle when holding the engine at a certain RPM when pulling the front wheels over the curved guttering reversing into the driveway. Hoping just a bit of heat shield contact or something?

Does anybody know much about how things will change once the headers and cats burn in/carbon up?

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
If your getting vibration in the cabin, one of your cats might be touching the body.

Have a look underneath to see how close they are. It will most likely be the passenger side cat if you have an issue.

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
If your getting vibration in the cabin, one of your cats might be touching the body.

Have a look underneath to see how close they are. It will most likely be the passenger side cat if you have an issue.

Thanks voodoo. I will get under later and have a look. Have you had your headers upgraded?

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
Yeah mate I have 4>1 Pacemakers. I had an issue with the passenger cat hitting the body under load, which was vibrating through the cabin. I have a KPM 2.5" exhaust and it's tucked up nice and high, but there isn't much room for the cats that KPM use.
To fix this problem my tuner put a block of wood between the passenger side cat and body, then heat cycled the exhaust.
That fixed my vibration problem. It seemed to give a bit more clearance.
Not saying that's your problem, but at least it gives you something to look at.

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
Hey VooDoo I fixed the rattle. It was heat shield that was vibrating. I was flicking it near the cat and it was just touching when I wobbled it. Just bent it by hand.

Threw my first CEL last night. Dale at Walkinshaw said it will most likely do this for the first few days. I reset the light last night. See how it goes on a trip to the south coast today.

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
FAIL! Still had a bit of vibration in the steering wheel. Found that the heat shield on the drivers side header pipe is pressed against the steering column. It has started to wear the paint with the turning of the shaft as you steer. Taking it straight down to Walkinshaw first thing in the morning. A bit pissed off actually :/