Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware of some LED globes use in Headlight front parkers.

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16
Beware of LED front parking light globes without mechanical strength = those relying on/held together with solder connection only. After 1 hour the front LEDs fell apart inside my light fittings leaving just the slide connector removable from the fitting (now unable to find or retrieve the LED head).
I bought these - unfortunately a bad move. Heat within the light is obviously a problem with this globe design.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10PCS-CA...53.m2749.l2649

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I had one of those fall apart in the dome light.
Removed it and soldered it back together.

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16
The soft solder design problem means these will just continue to soften/melt and the led section just fall off. Thanks wraith and yes the white light 6000k looks far better even though the headlights are a warm white - the Jaycar design would likely not have the same solder melt problem but I was looking for multi-facet LEDs/Canbus error free. I raised this design fault to prevent others falling into the same trap I did - lots of other good choices on Ebay that would likely be fine. I will try again with one of those.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
at 3.15 each why would you bother with Ebay. I know what LEDs i will be buying. Thanks Wraith.

No worries. I run them in all my cars and haven't had any issues. Be aware though the parkers end up being like little laser beams they are that bright.