Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware VF Holden Warranty Claims are now outsourced.

J

Jingle Bells

My VF SV6 is 9 months old and has only done 6000kms and no complaints with the vehicle....built before the workers were given notice.....rang the dealership to see if it could go to 1 year and/or 15000kms before I fork out the $185 Capped Service Fee.

Guess what....he said NO it has be done every 9 months and/or 15000kms whichever comes first....even if it has only done 1000kms in 9 months.

The reason being the Holden Warranty claims section has been outsourced to a different company and are not as lenient as GMH with their warranty claims any more....if you are not spot with the servicing.....stiff cheddar old cheese...in other words...stiff t*****s.

In other words if you even sit in the car...warranty is null and void....he said they are very strict and even the manager has no say..as they are a law unto themselves and have to approve it and then go back to GMH for final approval.

Beware even if you modify the car before the 3 yrs. are up.

No more on-the-spot approvals...they have to be approved and sourced from Mexico....blah blah etc etc !@#$%^&*

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I say BS...
I have not had a problem with any of our (50+ company holdens) in this respect

Mind you I have a very good relationship with several dealers :)

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Suggest that you (YOU) make contact with HOLDEN (NOT) the dealer and ask them to clarify the matter for you. As others have suggested - likely to be untrue.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
The VE is 12 months or 15,000km and what is in the VF books is the law, can't be just changed. Sounds too stupid for words, run it for 15,000km on cheap oil but cut the 12 months to 9. Keep it real FFS.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
This is absolutely not true. You have 3 months or 3,000kms before the capped service will expire. If you do miss the service you simply move onto the next one.

And Holden still does audit their own warranty claims. Whoever told you that is full of it. We had an audit just the other day. The audit department is a part of GM though, it's not Holden themselves who actually do the audit anymore.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
The VF has moved to 15,000km or 9 month servicing.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
If true it's just another Holden cash grab from low use private customers. What a joke.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
But with capped price servicing, it's cheaper to service it every 9 months at $180 ($220 HSV) than standard non capped pricing every 12 months.