Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware VF Holden Warranty Claims are now outsourced.

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Jingle Bells, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Jingle Bells

Jingle Bells Guest

My VF SV6 is 9 months old and has only done 6000kms and no complaints with the vehicle....built before the workers were given notice.....rang the dealership to see if it could go to 1 year and/or 15000kms before I fork out the $185 Capped Service Fee.

Guess what....he said NO it has be done every 9 months and/or 15000kms whichever comes first....even if it has only done 1000kms in 9 months.

The reason being the Holden Warranty claims section has been outsourced to a different company and are not as lenient as GMH with their warranty claims any more....if you are not spot with the servicing.....stiff cheddar old cheese...in other words...stiff t*****s.

In other words if you even sit in the car...warranty is null and void....he said they are very strict and even the manager has no say..as they are a law unto themselves and have to approve it and then go back to GMH for final approval.

Beware even if you modify the car before the 3 yrs. are up.

No more on-the-spot approvals...they have to be approved and sourced from Mexico....blah blah etc etc !@#$%^&*

2. davey g-force

davey g-force I'm a sceptic...

Members Ride:
    02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
    Sounds like BS to me.

What does it say in your service manual? Just go by that...

3. VRSenator065

VRSenator065 Now in stealth mode

Members Ride:
    VR Senator LSx454
    Love to see them try that on given the way the consumer law is written. They have very clear cut obligations that they have to abide by, and the law is very much on the side of the consumer.

4. Smitty

Smitty Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Gen-F R8 Tourer wagon, VK Clubbie race car
    I say BS...
    I have not had a problem with any of our (50+ company holdens) in this respect

Mind you I have a very good relationship with several dealers :)

5. Benboy

Benboy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    2007 SVZ Wagon
    Suggest that you (YOU) make contact with HOLDEN (NOT) the dealer and ask them to clarify the matter for you. As others have suggested - likely to be untrue.

6. phillmac

phillmac New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
    The VE is 12 months or 15,000km and what is in the VF books is the law, can't be just changed. Sounds too stupid for words, run it for 15,000km on cheap oil but cut the 12 months to 9. Keep it real FFS.

7. timandhayley

timandhayley Active Member

Members Ride:
    Astra RS-V Hatch
    This is absolutely not true. You have 3 months or 3,000kms before the capped service will expire. If you do miss the service you simply move onto the next one.

And Holden still does audit their own warranty claims. Whoever told you that is full of it. We had an audit just the other day. The audit department is a part of GM though, it's not Holden themselves who actually do the audit anymore.

8. cashie

cashie Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V
    The VF has moved to 15,000km or 9 month servicing.

9. phillmac

phillmac New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
    If true it's just another Holden cash grab from low use private customers. What a joke.

10. Voodoo_SV6

Voodoo_SV6 Active Member

Members Ride:
    MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
    But with capped price servicing, it's cheaper to service it every 9 months at $180 ($220 HSV) than standard non capped pricing every 12 months.

11. aussieakito

aussieakito Holden Dealer Master Tech

Members Ride:
    Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
    theyre not THAT strict lmao
    Not sure what the actual rules are but we still do CPS even if the car is modified (lowered/wheels)

12. Flukey

Flukey New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline
    Its not for the extended warranty is it?
    Holden offered me a 5 year / 120,000 warranty or something like but you have to service it more frequently than the 15K service intervals.
    Its their way of giving you something for "free":rofl2:

13. phillmac

phillmac New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
    Yeah after the factory warranty expires it's 6 month 10,000km capped price. I said I didn't want it while negotiating but they still gave it to me as they make good money servicing. Downside is how many years do you want your car serviced by a Holden dealer.

14. Wogboy1994

Wogboy1994 Rough

Members Ride:
    VZ SSZ
    It's not free. They put a side some of the profit from your services so when you come in for a warranty claim they can take the money out of that.

15. Jingle Bells

Jingle Bells Guest

As previously stated as to me being the instigator of this thread...I will be insisting that they rotate the wheels even though it has only done 6000kms and 9 month old and as indicated on the service coupon as part of the $185 capped service...if they say they do not require rotating ( which is understandable ) I will be asking for a refund of $85....as all they are doing is a filter and oil change...and removing and replacing that BLOODY Splash Plate.....how do you think I will go??????????

According to all the comments on this thread regarding pricing for servicing etc....." THEIR IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH...IT IS LAST WEEKS FOOD REHEATED IN A MICROWAVE OVEN "......so true.

16. Sabbath'

Sabbath' Redblock Jesus

Members Ride:
    80 Series// MK5 GTi//
    Well, they could turn around and charge you an individual labour rate for each of the items on the list aswell. Stop being such a grumpy old man and pull your head in.

17. Jingle Bells

Jingle Bells Guest

Maybe your 4,584 posting could be more enlightening and generous towards people who love Holdens...instead of being a negative person who hates to see reasonable comments on this forum...have the day off and go and read the Sunday Papers. !@#$%^&*

18. Sabbath'

Sabbath' Redblock Jesus

Members Ride:
    80 Series// MK5 GTi//
    All you do is complain about Holden and the service they offer...so how are your comments not negative? Pot, Kettle much?

19. Benboy

Benboy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    2007 SVZ Wagon
    Have a look at the Servicing Schedule (in the Owners Handbook/Service Book) you will note that at any scheduled service there are a multitude of items checked - it's not simply an oil and filter change. If you're not happy with the service or price, take the vehicle to another service centre and pay for what you get.

20. Wogboy1994

Wogboy1994 Rough

Members Ride:
    VZ SSZ
    But who really checks all seatbelts to make sure they are serviceable.

That checklist is a tick and flick, basically you check the main things not the obvious.

But to the OP. This isn't meant to be blunt but I just have a bad way of wording things.

When you buy a new car you should have factored in all the B/S that the dealers are going to want you to do to keep up with the warranty