Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware VF Holden Warranty Claims are now outsourced.

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Jingle Bells, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Flukey

Flukey New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline
    Exactly. You pay for it by having your car serviced more regularly than it requires.

2. aussieakito

aussieakito Holden Dealer Master Tech

Members Ride:
    Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
    the service sticker costs $85 lol

3. nitrowarrior

nitrowarrior New Member

Members Ride:
    1997 Vt GTS Build 78
    How comprehensive is the new Holden Warranty.. I hear they are advertising 250000Km/15 Year warranty on VF range..... I know from the lancer I bought my mrs that Mitsubishi do a 10 year/160000 km warranty which was awesome offering in 2006..... now the warranty on the VF range has got my interest...Is it bumper to bumper warranty for entire 250000/15 year period? My mrs does need a new car...(near new anyway..;-)
    And with such a warranty, if it is honoured and comprehensive, why would you care who the warranty is outsourced to, as long as the car get fixed, and you pay nothing..?

Warranty's getting outsourced by GM, is like using National Warranty group when u buy a used car off a trader.....hopefully just a little more reputable... Its a new thing, but not new amongst used car scene..... should be fine...time will tell.
    And from my understanding warranty work will still mostly be performed in house by GM.

4. Voodoo_SV6

Voodoo_SV6 Active Member

Members Ride:
    MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
    holdeeens website is offering 5 year/130,000km warranty as a special at the moment. Sounds like this warranty you are talking about is dealer offered not Holden. It won't be bumper to bumper, read the fine print carefully.

5. nitrowarrior

nitrowarrior New Member

Members Ride:
    1997 Vt GTS Build 78
    I believe it is the warranty was on VF range......250000kms/15 years.. But you may be right....

I found this straight away across all the new cars

http://www.waggaholden.com.au/Specials?owner=dealer

6. Voodoo_SV6

Voodoo_SV6 Active Member

Members Ride:
    MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
    That's a dealer warranty after the expiry of the manufacturers warranty. You'd have to ask the dealer for what's included, including claim limits and what you have to do maintain it - probably you'' have to service it with them from new and then do 6 month, 10,000km services capped priced

7. phillmac

phillmac New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
    It's a gamble for Holden to offer the 5 years but they know lots will do the km first.

As for the servicing I wouldn't touch most of the Sydney suburbs dealers with a stick unless it had a piece of **** on it.
    I found a better dealer to buy from and still the rear tyres would have been bald before they rotated them. As for the sump plug they charge me for it looked to be the original with paint markings just torqued a bit more each service until I changed it.

Will give them 1 chance before I dump the dealer warranty.
    Think the cap price is oil change and tick list. Any thing like plugs or filters are extra .

8. Jingle Bells

Jingle Bells Guest

I agree about the sump plug....I have changed the oil on my VE Ute with the same plug ( forget to buy one before oil change ) just pulled off the o-ring and turned it around...and put it back.....once I pulled of the o-ring off and got another from the hydraulic shop ( heat and oil resistant ) for 20c in lieu of an $8 plug from GMH.
    I agree about the baldy tyres not being changed....in the VF service coupon it states the tyres must be rotated regardless of the kms travelled....at the 9mths/15000kms....what more can you expect with the VF booked in this Wednesday at 3.30pm and the State of Origin on the same day.?????

9. Sean880

Sean880 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
    Read the terms and conditions of the capped service fee. If you do not comply with them in terms of time and kms you do not get the capped service price.

There is nothing stopping you having your 15000 km service done when you have, say, 11000 kms up on the car and 13 months use. You just pay full price for the service and not the discounted capped rate.
    In the meantime you should have your oil and filter changed between services. I would do it now and certainly not leave it longer than 7000 kms.

If you want the cheap capped service rate then simply comply with the conditions that come with it.

10. ozzymac

ozzymac New Member

Members Ride:
    VF CalaisV
    Hi,
    Does anyone who has purchased a new vehicle recently wait until the scheduled 15000 kms for the first oil change?

I have first service due at 3000kms but all it is, is a inspection.

I was thinking of getting them to do oil and filter change at this time.

Would it be worthwhile?

15000 before first oil change seems a bit long for a new engine.

cheers

11. Jingle Bells

Jingle Bells Guest

I agree you should change the oil every 7000kms...but whilst it is under warranty you have to keep removing the splash plate to access the sump plug and reinstalling it....a pain....if the splash was not there you could do an oil change yourself and buy a genuine GMH oil filter....they would not notice the difference when the 150000/9mths service is due....I will be doing away with the splash plate when it is out of warranty....or if you want to pay for it at a GMH dealer it would probably cost $100+++++....you can buy the oil like Castrol Magnum for $23 per 5litre when on special at Repco...so say 8litre @ $35 + sump plug $5 + oil filter GMH $19 =$59 as against Capped price servicing @ $185 and flick and tick the service coupon.

12. Grennan

Grennan Slayer of Stupid Threads

Members Ride:
    VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
    You would put Castrol Magnatec in your VF?

Save that for the warranty dept, lemme get that red stamp ready.

13. Jingle Bells

Jingle Bells Guest

Sorry did mean magnatec....post is corrected.

14. ndwalters

ndwalters Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Redline
    Is the time period calculated from the date you pick up the car or the manufacture date?

I assume it would be the pick up date but It worries me as I bought my car new in May 2014 (not demonstrator, just floor stock) but it was actually manufactured Dec 2013.

Just hit 1600Kms so I still have a little way to go before the first 3000Km service.

15. Towcar

Towcar Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VX Berlina Wagon
    Do they really not change the oil at the 3,000km service?

I recall my first service on my Proton around then and they definitely changed the oil.

16. Grennan

Grennan Slayer of Stupid Threads

Members Ride:
    VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
    I know you meant Magnatec, my post stands. Why on earth are you putting the oil that we peddle off to Ecotec owners in a brand new VF. Unless you are getting the workshop grade Magnatec Professional (that mind you is not available in any retail store) Holden would laugh you out of the workshop.

17. zappaboy

zappaboy Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon Motorsport Auto SOAG
    3000km service does not include changing of the oil, check your manual which indicates first change of oil is 15000km

18. slob63

slob63 New Member

Members Ride:
    vf ssv redline auto xmas
    No please , not a oil thread otherwise we all will be here putting posts till 2017 and beyond. Just read the bloody manual, the recommendation is the minimum .

19. ozzymac

ozzymac New Member

Members Ride:
    VF CalaisV
    We know they dont change the oil at the 3000km service...

The question was whether or not owners do change the oil and filter prior to the 15,000 km service?

As its a new engine getting run in etc...

And I DID READ THE BLOODY MANUAL!!!!

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THE POSTS BEFORE COMMENTING!!!

cheers

20. vl_nick

vl_nick Member

Members Ride:
    VL Wagon, VF Redline
    I would also like to know peoples opinions on this. Considering an oil change myself at 3000km. I plan on keeping it for a long time so reckons it's worth the investment, but probably would not do it if I was only keeping for 3 years or so.