Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware VF Holden Warranty Claims are now outsourced.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
theyre not THAT strict lmao
Not sure what the actual rules are but we still do CPS even if the car is modified (lowered/wheels)

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Its not for the extended warranty is it?
Holden offered me a 5 year / 120,000 warranty or something like but you have to service it more frequently than the 15K service intervals.
Its their way of giving you something for "free":rofl2:

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Yeah after the factory warranty expires it's 6 month 10,000km capped price. I said I didn't want it while negotiating but they still gave it to me as they make good money servicing. Downside is how many years do you want your car serviced by a Holden dealer.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Its not for the extended warranty is it?
Holden offered me a 5 year / 120,000 warranty or something like but you have to service it more frequently than the 15K service intervals.
Its their way of giving you something for "free":rofl2:

It's not free. They put a side some of the profit from your services so when you come in for a warranty claim they can take the money out of that.

J

Jingle Bells

It's not free. They put a side some of the profit from your services so when you come in for a warranty claim they can take the money out of that.

As previously stated as to me being the instigator of this thread...I will be insisting that they rotate the wheels even though it has only done 6000kms and 9 month old and as indicated on the service coupon as part of the $185 capped service...if they say they do not require rotating ( which is understandable ) I will be asking for a refund of $85....as all they are doing is a filter and oil change...and removing and replacing that BLOODY Splash Plate.....how do you think I will go??????????

According to all the comments on this thread regarding pricing for servicing etc....." THEIR IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH...IT IS LAST WEEKS FOOD REHEATED IN A MICROWAVE OVEN "......so true.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Well, they could turn around and charge you an individual labour rate for each of the items on the list aswell. Stop being such a grumpy old man and pull your head in.

J

Jingle Bells

Well, they could turn around and charge you an individual labour rate for each of the items on the list aswell. Stop being such a grumpy old man and pull your head in.

Maybe your 4,584 posting could be more enlightening and generous towards people who love Holdens...instead of being a negative person who hates to see reasonable comments on this forum...have the day off and go and read the Sunday Papers. !@#$%^&*

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Maybe your 4,584 posting could be more enlightening and generous towards people who love Holdens...instead of being a negative person who hates to see reasonable comments on this forum...have the day off and go and read the Sunday Papers. !@#$%^&*

All you do is complain about Holden and the service they offer...so how are your comments not negative? Pot, Kettle much?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Have a look at the Servicing Schedule (in the Owners Handbook/Service Book) you will note that at any scheduled service there are a multitude of items checked - it's not simply an oil and filter change. If you're not happy with the service or price, take the vehicle to another service centre and pay for what you get.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
But who really checks all seatbelts to make sure they are serviceable.

That checklist is a tick and flick, basically you check the main things not the obvious.

But to the OP. This isn't meant to be blunt but I just have a bad way of wording things.

When you buy a new car you should have factored in all the B/S that the dealers are going to want you to do to keep up with the warranty