Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware VF Holden Warranty Claims are now outsourced.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
It's not free. They put a side some of the profit from your services so when you come in for a warranty claim they can take the money out of that.

Exactly. You pay for it by having your car serviced more regularly than it requires.

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
How comprehensive is the new Holden Warranty.. I hear they are advertising 250000Km/15 Year warranty on VF range..... I know from the lancer I bought my mrs that Mitsubishi do a 10 year/160000 km warranty which was awesome offering in 2006..... now the warranty on the VF range has got my interest...Is it bumper to bumper warranty for entire 250000/15 year period? My mrs does need a new car...(near new anyway..;-)
And with such a warranty, if it is honoured and comprehensive, why would you care who the warranty is outsourced to, as long as the car get fixed, and you pay nothing..?

Warranty's getting outsourced by GM, is like using National Warranty group when u buy a used car off a trader.....hopefully just a little more reputable... Its a new thing, but not new amongst used car scene..... should be fine...time will tell.
And from my understanding warranty work will still mostly be performed in house by GM.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
holdeeens website is offering 5 year/130,000km warranty as a special at the moment. Sounds like this warranty you are talking about is dealer offered not Holden. It won't be bumper to bumper, read the fine print carefully.

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
holdeeens website is offering 5 year/130,000km warranty as a special at the moment. Sounds like this warranty you are talking about is dealer offered not Holden. It won't be bumper to bumper, read the fine print carefully.

I believe it is the warranty was on VF range......250000kms/15 years.. But you may be right....

I found this straight away across all the new cars

http://www.waggaholden.com.au/Specials?owner=dealer

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
That's a dealer warranty after the expiry of the manufacturers warranty. You'd have to ask the dealer for what's included, including claim limits and what you have to do maintain it - probably you'' have to service it with them from new and then do 6 month, 10,000km services capped priced

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
It's a gamble for Holden to offer the 5 years but they know lots will do the km first.

As for the servicing I wouldn't touch most of the Sydney suburbs dealers with a stick unless it had a piece of **** on it.
I found a better dealer to buy from and still the rear tyres would have been bald before they rotated them. As for the sump plug they charge me for it looked to be the original with paint markings just torqued a bit more each service until I changed it.

Will give them 1 chance before I dump the dealer warranty.
Think the cap price is oil change and tick list. Any thing like plugs or filters are extra .

J

Jingle Bells

It's a gamble for Holden to offer the 5 years but they know lots will do the km first.

As for the servicing I wouldn't touch most of the Sydney suburbs dealers with a stick unless it had a piece of **** on it.
I found a better dealer to buy from and still the rear tyres would have been bald before they rotated them. As for the sump plug they charge me for it looked to be the original with paint markings just torqued a bit more each service until I changed it.

Will give them 1 chance before I dump the dealer warranty.
Think the cap price is oil change and tick list. Any thing like plugs or filters are extra .

I agree about the sump plug....I have changed the oil on my VE Ute with the same plug ( forget to buy one before oil change ) just pulled off the o-ring and turned it around...and put it back.....once I pulled of the o-ring off and got another from the hydraulic shop ( heat and oil resistant ) for 20c in lieu of an $8 plug from GMH.
I agree about the baldy tyres not being changed....in the VF service coupon it states the tyres must be rotated regardless of the kms travelled....at the 9mths/15000kms....what more can you expect with the VF booked in this Wednesday at 3.30pm and the State of Origin on the same day.?????

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
My VF SV6 is 9 months old and has only done 6000kms and no complaints with the vehicle....built before the workers were given notice.....rang the dealership to see if it could go to 1 year and/or 15000kms before I fork out the $185 Capped Service Fee.

Guess what....he said NO it has be done every 9 months and/or 15000kms whichever comes first....even if it has only done 1000kms in 9 months.

Read the terms and conditions of the capped service fee. If you do not comply with them in terms of time and kms you do not get the capped service price.

There is nothing stopping you having your 15000 km service done when you have, say, 11000 kms up on the car and 13 months use. You just pay full price for the service and not the discounted capped rate.
In the meantime you should have your oil and filter changed between services. I would do it now and certainly not leave it longer than 7000 kms.

If you want the cheap capped service rate then simply comply with the conditions that come with it.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Hi,
Does anyone who has purchased a new vehicle recently wait until the scheduled 15000 kms for the first oil change?

I have first service due at 3000kms but all it is, is a inspection.

I was thinking of getting them to do oil and filter change at this time.

Would it be worthwhile?

15000 before first oil change seems a bit long for a new engine.

cheers