Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BF MKII XR6 ute

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Hows the aftermarket unit for functionality? Was looking at putting that exact same one in my G6E.

Also, who wired the amps up? Thats a shocking job. Hope you didn't pay someone for that mess.

PS: The exhaust looks stupid, but i'll forgive you as your still on P Plates and don't know better yet.

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Thanks everyone :) yeh nice note to it! I have 100cell high flow cat and sport middle muffler and then hot dog rear. Nice sound little raspy but down low is mint. Also nice crackle and pop to it.. The stereo is awesome! Love it! Only thing is when I listen to radio before I go into work in the morning the Bluetooth is on so even when it's not in the Bluetooth audio source it still makes my phone think it's connected and I need to turn Bluetooth off if I want to listen to **** and then forget to turn it back on when I get in later and actually need it for calls. I did the stereo install myself lol.. I think I did a great job for my first time. I installed a head unit in the vs before but nothing like this full rewire.. What's wrong with it ? The exhaust is different I like it like that because no one else has it.. But will change it up soon enough want something a little less rice then that.. But I'm not sure what I'm after. Something custom and undone. I think I answered everyone?

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Amp install of the cables could have been neater, is all I meant. The blue power cable thats visible should be under the carpet, and that whole bunch of cable thats next to the sub box should be hidden behind it or under the carpet. Some of those plastic "p" clips wouldn't go astray either, just to hold down the floating cables, particularly that power cable.

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
also got my brakes upgraded on the weekend.. slotted rotors with standard bendix brake pads seems a little better..
B78E9B5D-8DDB-426B-8B6C-9805D8896E9D_zpsgmz3vtrg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0A6E440E-B359-4F69-990C-02A7C0E6E17B_zpslztkrnbk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
also pulled into driveway tonight and steering got hard and keeps cracking type thing when i turn it.. it used to cracke when turning sometimes but now it won't stop.. and is slightly harder.. could be ball joints or loose steering rack.. will inspect and update you guys by the weekend hopefully with it fixed!

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Yeh mate fair call. When I have the time I'll take that carpet thing out and drill holes to put the cable through. Don't know if I'll have enough speaker cable now but because I cut it all to length. I'll see how I go :)

If your talking about the rear wall, just use a hobby knife and a pull through, no need to remove the entire wall, unless your going to sound deaden it.
The carpet at the end of the console just lifts up, and you can stash your bundled up wires under it, if you flatten the bundle enough.

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Well this thread was short lived... Was driving along with a few friends one night few infront one behind me and they turned right and I checked cars ahead and saw one car far in the distance and could make my turn easy.. So I did and no sooner that I did... I got taken out. Turns out red p plater from Queensland with two passengers was speeding 80-90 in a 50 without correct lights on if any.. And all of them were drunk and on drugs with drugs and alcohol everywhere in the car.. So she is a write off and get paid out very soon. Looking forward to getting another one soon :) was a great car!

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
7D60AF5B-0208-43B0-A1CE-2503A085AC85_zpsgqkrgxxi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
F20246F4-540F-4A44-BB35-CA404983B539_zpsxpolfezi.png
[/URL][/IMG]
was a very sad night :( but trying to not keep thinking about it.. just trying to think bigger and better..

see the new wheels? yep... only put them on hours before.. brand new rims and tyres... all good, mate swapped his rims and tyres off his xr6 for mine so i have them waiting for me on his car :)
ahh well... lets get on with bathurst! go holden!!

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
**** mate sorry to see.
U ok besides the loss??