Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BFGoodrich Sport T/A or Yokohama C Drive

stig1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
Which tyre is better? I require a set of 4 for my holden commodore vx series 2 executive.

If people could give me there opinions would be most helpful! For example, how many kms they got, etc.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
the C-drives dont wear well on heavy cars with camber... they do pretty well on lighter 4 cylinders with no wheel alignment issues..

as a mechanic i look at alot of different tyres during the week..

havent seen any sport t/a's personally but heard that they are fairly good tyre. but can be a bit pricey

stig1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
I have been quoted for the bf goodrich sport t/a $106 fitted and balance at jax quickfit tyres.

The VZ i also have has the bf goodrich sport t/a in the same size I need, yet haven't had the VZ long enough to get a good idea of the tyre, plus i drive the vx more.

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
I have BF Goodrich G-Force Sport on the rear and they are the worst tyres I have ever owned. They are dreadful in the wet.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yokohamas are normally a softer compound and give good traction but wear faster i used to allways run yoko's and loved them each to there own though

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Aside from Highway Max, Yokohamas have been the best tyres I've used. They're soft, and they don't last as long as Bridgestones (in general) but they have superior handling at the limit in my experience.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip if you want to stick to the road like **** to a blanket yokohama's will do it