Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Big and small tyres on a VX

Gorilla62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Ford Ranger
Hi Guys and Gals.
Have 4 lovely 16'' alloy Statesman rims which have 2 good Dunlop SP Sports 200e 215/60/R16 tyres at 60% thread.
Now I need 2 new front tyres but folks in here have told me the 215/55/R16 are the best speedo reading size for the VX
so would it be possible to run the 55's on the front and the 60's on the rear or would I need either 2 new 60's or 4 new 55's.
Also without having to empty the boot will a 215/60/R16 fit into the spare tyre well and are the 16'' rims available in a standard steel rim.
Thanks
Kate

Last edited:

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
yes you could run different profile tyres ont he front and back but it would look lame.
Should fit ok in the spare tyre well and yes I believe you can get 16" steelies as the SS cop cars had them fitted as standard.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
As long as there is minimal differnce in the rolling diameter, it will be fine. Too much of a difference and it will give U an abs fault.

Gorilla62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Ford Ranger
Thanks for the suggestions guys and am just about to head off and get 4 new 60's and use the best of the 2 used tyres as the spare.
I've beed reading in here that the Commodores can have the speedo adjusted electronically, is this correct.

jughead1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Executive
You can adjust the speedo (and other things) by up-to 10% through the Mode switch. The instructions are in the manual.

Gorilla62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Ford Ranger
I've never played with the mode thingy so it looks as if I'll have to get busy reading the manual.
Thanks for the help guys.