Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

big brakes for the VZ?

G

gadget

I have just traded in my much loved VU SS ute for a new VZ SS ute. I am after some feedback from anyone who has done an upgrade to the 330mm discs on the front &/or the 315mm vented or std diameter vented rotors on the rear. I have had conflicting stories from brake shops in relation to the PBR sports kits - some good some bad. DBA seem to have a few different rotors available, & no doubt there are a few other brands. Calipers are also a question - what is the best value for money rotor/caliper setup? I do about 4 track days a year & had used the standard size DBA slotted rotors (F&R) with Ultimates on the old ute, they were OK, but I had to be kind to them.

V

VZSV6

gadget said:
I have just traded in my much loved VU SS ute for a new VZ SS ute. I am after some feedback from anyone who has done an upgrade to the 330mm discs on the front &/or the 315mm vented or std diameter vented rotors on the rear. I have had conflicting stories from brake shops in relation to the PBR sports kits - some good some bad. DBA seem to have a few different rotors available, & no doubt there are a few other brands. Calipers are also a question - what is the best value for money rotor/caliper setup? I do about 4 track days a year & had used the standard size DBA slotted rotors (F&R) with Ultimates on the old ute, they were OK, but I had to be kind to them.
did you notice the dba's jump