Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Big dash Decision either S1 or S2

Amos

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 Series II VN
So i am currently looking for a VE Sv6 Ute to buy (on P's so dont mention getting an SS please).
Will be buying a SiDi Sv6 regardless. Was either looking at a '11 plated Series II OR looking at picking up an 09-10 SiDi Series I. Now the real question i want to know is this, i have a mate who can custom install an Ipad with all programmed features into the dash for a relatively cheap price. If i was to do this to a series I then i wouldn't need to pay the extra money on a series II due to the IQ system already integrated.

Any advice on how i should go about this please let me know. Just trying to decide whether i buy a series I for less and use the extra money to pay for the Ipad install, or buy a series II and live with the IQ, what other benefits or just general advice would i be looking at?

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Go for the series 2, you get iq and climate and better resale and a better car overall.

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Go for the series 2, you get iq and climate and better resale and a better car overall.

Pretty much agree with this, Series 2 will have a better resale price in the long run and the IQ is pretty handy and has plenty of options.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
why would you want an ipad installed into the dash for?

agreed, wouldn't that cause alot of problems with the integration like the factory ones have

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Go the series II.

Mrk_Mickey

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute series ll
I agree with everyone saying series 2. I was looking at used series 1's, and I managed to get away with spending only 2k more for a brand new 'demo' at the dealership (less than 25km on it :) ) with all my options on it, as opposed to finding one and spending 4k on the options. The IQ system is pretty cool and with my ipod in there, there's nothing else I've wanted in the dash lol..

Amos

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 Series II VN
Well something a bit different, i like the Ipad's quite a bit. It'll make the look alot cleaner. And i keep hearing about how the IQ system has glitches and alot of issues. It's all over these forums :( and who else do you know that has one? Virtually nobody.