Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Big Dirty Rims

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
the rim size gets bigger but usually the tyre height can stay the same or even be smaller if you get low profile tyres .... maybe the width or the rim offset ( rim can be more in or out than the normal center line) might cause a very lowered car to scrape on the edges of the tyres...

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nice rims!

There is no such thing as too big.... anything upto 20 inch looks crazy on vt's and vx's

As Hairy said the offset of the rim may cause scrubbing but you will find thats its only on the passenger side rear and thats fixed with a rolled guard.

Good luck with it and post pix once u get them,....
SHould look sexy as

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
ok guys cheers for replys. the only thing is im guessing the tyres they supply will be the cheapest they can get theyre hands onto...oh well i guess ill just have to wear them out faster:p also i heard some people on here that say theyre tyres scrub the guards when either on full lock or if they hit a massive bump in the road...

mitch

Brumbies 5L

Dont Gossip, Just Torque!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L
ok guys cheers for replys. the only thing is im guessing the tyres they supply will be the cheapest they can get theyre hands onto...oh well i guess ill just have to wear them out faster:p
mitch

They put falken, nankang or nitto on them, whatever they have in stock for the type of wheel/width that you get....

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
the only thing is im guessing the tyres they supply will be the cheapest they can get theyre hands onto

yep you're right. when i got mine, the package deal was to come with nankangs but i just paid the difference (only $120 all up for 4 tyres) to upgrade to dunlop performance tyres. i'm very happy i did. i'm guessing that tempe will let you do the same - after all - you're the one paying the cash. you should get what you want.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I personally would be happy with 17's but if 19 is yours then those rims will look sweet as.

And with supalows... mmmmm...

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
The only probs would be with insurance..or theives( get two sets of lock nuts )
I beleive you can only go 2" above factory.