Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

big plans got money but dont knoe which way to go some help plz guyz

GEEUUP

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT 5.0L
lookin for a few different combos for my 5ltr vt for some good results down the 1/4 any posts appreciated...

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
if your not looking to go for twin throttle bodys i would recomend a stage 3 crow cam,have all of your valves reseated and bronze valve guides tougher valve springs semi solid lifters
unless your going for big horse power dont worry about doing the ports and over sized valves because those heads flow arround 470hp standard

with that cam you will need a hi stall
hope this is a help

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
or sell the car and get a gen3 setup, this way you can make alot more power for alot less money :)

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
dont do it ...take up knitting and keep your money its not worth it once you start the adiction grabs you by the short and curleys and its to late.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
FIT supercharger... 12psi with FMIC, and you'll add 60% more power... Looking at mid 12's... That's without buggering around with internals... :p

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Mallory Fuel Pump
SS Induction CAI, K & N Panel Filter
Bosch Super 4's Spark Plugs, 8.8mm Top Gun Spiral Ignition Leads
Msd Ignition Coil
Yella Terra Roller Rockers
Crane Camshaft 284 or 276 without head work good mid range tourque
Programmable ECU - Either Haltech or Microtech tuned on 98 RON
450hp+ ported and polished vn heads,
Davies Craig Electric Water pump
14" Davies Craig Thermo Fan
VT Brake Conversion
Bosch 774 Injectors
Corvetter servo rebuilt trans with B & M Shift Kit,3000 stall
twin 2 1/2" stainless Exhaust with 4 into 1 Di Fillipo Headers, High Flow Magna Flow Cats, UltraFlow Lukey Stainless Mufflers
3.7.3 Diff Rebuilt gears LSD incl new wheel bearings,new gears,crown wheel and pinon $1200
355 Stroker - billet Crank,forged flat top pistons, molly rings

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It not worth it in a VT, the car is still worth something to sell. Sell it and get a gen III, you'll be forever fighting against the weight of the car otherwise. It will end up lots cheaper that way. I have a VP but I'd never attempt to make it a 12 second car with the 5 liter because of the costs involved. In a few years time it will be a very cheap job to put a gen III in a VP for instant low 12's or high 11's anyway so I'll just wait if I want to go that fast (but I think 13 will be enough go fast for me anyway)

GEEUUP

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT 5.0L
thanx for the posts guyz ani 1 knoe much bt nos setups on the 5ltr's was told would b in d 12's easy is true or is pullin me chain oh and does ani 1 knoe wat the stock output on the 5ltr is

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
ur stock output was 175kwts.
if ur after a simple 'cheap' mod then that will tie u over for now then get a good exhaust system and extractors. that will bring u up to 190kw's +. maybe even a cam to see you over the 200kwts.

as many people have said a gen 3 will be the cheeper option, but there are still quite a few tough 5 ltrs out there and not everybody wont's/likes a gen 3.

ur best bet with the 5lt would be a supercharger kit and cam swap. that way u'll be able to net between 250 and 300 kwts.
but there not cheep.

http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_vnvt_v8.htm

cheers