Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

big problem

rage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 97 S2
hey guys, i have a big problem with my 1997 VS, while iam driving the car just turns off, the reds come on and bang its dead i have to then put it in neutral and pull over and try to start it again and that takes between 5-60 mins and sometimes it over cranks and i have to wait for NRMA to come and connect my battery, i have replaced the battery and recently fully serviced my car and the same problem keeps happening once every 2 weeks or more. i have taken my car to auto sparkies and mechanics and they dont know what is wrong with it . . . please if any 1 knows wat the problem is it will be realli appreciated thenk you very much

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
Might be a CAS... Mate of mine had the same problem with a VR... Turned out to be Crank Angle Sensor

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
i dont own the v6 but from what iv read on this forum, your describing classic CAS symptoms

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
+1 for CAS, number one cause of disabled V6's

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
hey guys, i have a big problem with my 1997 VS, while iam driving the car just turns off, the reds come on and bang its dead i have to then put it in neutral and pull over and try to start it again and that takes between 5-60 mins and sometimes it over cranks and i have to wait for NRMA to come and connect my battery, i have replaced the battery and recently fully serviced my car and the same problem keeps happening once every 2 weeks or more. i have taken my car to auto sparkies and mechanics and they dont know what is wrong with it . . . please if any 1 knows wat the problem is it will be realli appreciated thenk you very much

Welcome to the forum - as you can see help is plentiful here. Do us a favour and let us know how you go with it. It's nice to hear back from people sometimes.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i'd also say the CAS. next time it does it, poor cold water over the CAS and see if it then starts. heat tends to effect the CAS, thats why this problem seems to rear it's ugly head in summer more then winter