Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Big stereo is it really worth it?

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt 50th anniversary s1
Hey all, i keep hearing of everyone wanting to put big stereos in there car, and i'm one of them lol my system cost $3800 and still it's nothing to brag about and the only thing it as done for me is made me a little bit more deaf lol, and made my whole car rattle apart. I guess it's those things you don't think about. But if you like your car i wouldn't bother unless you want to have to turn up your music so you can't hear your car falling to bits on you!

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
or you could build a system that actually sounds good and is a pleasure every time you turn it on

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
mine is, but what i'm trying to say is that if you like your car don't get a big system, cause it f***s it in no time. For example about 2 months after i got mine i had to either have my door windows all the way up or all the way down so they didn't sound like they were going to break.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
For some people it isnt abouut having a system that can rattle your car apart. Some of us like to have a decent quality sounding stereo, and shitty dual-cone paper speakers running about 5wrms aren't going to provide that.
I know that I never changed my listerning volume when I changed from stock to type-s to amped type-x's (fronts only for comparison), but I enjoy my stereo so much more now than I did this time last year.

If you don't like your car rattling, either fix whatever is moving, or don't turn it up so much.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Like most things though, they wear out your car quicker. Lowering, engine work ect ect But we do it all anyway and enjoy it for the time it does last.

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well mine can do both, but it has honestly made my car sound like **** the whole dash etc rattles, and yeah i've turned it up with me mates but i'm not the type to drive around with it flat out everywhere, i brought it for myself not for everyone else to hear. I'm just trying to say and it's not coming out to clear after a few brews lol but i wish i had of spent that money else where. I could of brought an ss with the stereo money on top of what i payed for my car.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah we do find ways to spend money and yeah it could have been spent on other stuff. If I had not spent the money of audio equipment or other crap on the car, I could be driving a V8 or my V6 could be supercharged AND cammed, do I regret anything, HELL YES, would I change anything HELL NO. Its the stuff we do.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
dyna matt really helps to stop the rattles

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
No, Dynamat helps stop resonation, it's not made to stop "rattles". Foam and rubber are to stop rattles.

What is the point of this thread? Just to whinge that you spent $3800 to make your car rattle?