Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bigger fuel line

VaughanVZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS sedan
Hi all, has anyone upgraded fuel line to teflon for a VZ or similar while still retaining the original fuel pump assembly, if so how were the connections made from the top of the pump housing with the 3 lines coming off it

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What's making you want to go bigger fuel lines? Seen plenty of 500kw+ turbo LS cars work plenty fine with stock lines. There are connections to go from hardline to AN, Raceworks, Speedflow etc all do them. But what are you trying to achieve by this?

VaughanVZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS sedan
What's making you want to go bigger fuel lines? Seen plenty of 500kw+ turbo LS cars work plenty fine with stock lines. There are connections to go from hardline to AN, Raceworks, Speedflow etc all do them. But what are you trying to achieve by this?
Hi mate, have upgraded to a stout 427, and have a Walbro 525 pump I was thinking what was made for the factory 6.0 would not be sufficient to supply the new motor or may have he fuel pump working to hard due to resistance in factory hard lines

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What power are you looking to make? Even with a 427 I'm still not really seeing the need. I mean if you want to, go nuts, I think you'll find other things will be a bottle neck before fuel line size.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
pretty much any power u can make n/a will be fine with stock fuel lines, even 3/8 line can support over thousand hp boosted, just use a good fuel reg as the stock one may not be able to divert enough flow from the 525 pump to hold proper pressure