Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bigger fuel tank vs ute

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
hi has any one fitted a bigger fuel tank in vs ute? will a 80l tank out of a vn calais possibly fit?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Nah, the ute's have a completely different fuel tank to the sedans. It's actually positioned under neath the tray right behind the cabin.

You need to get a long range tank from another ute sorry.

GMBanisher

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN
Got quoted myself from a company that custom makes them, 110 litres for $1200 drive in drive out

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
$1200 for a fuel tank..... just find a second hand long range version i got a 80L tank for $20 bucks

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
Nah, the ute's have a completely different fuel tank to the sedans. It's actually positioned under neath the tray right behind the cabin.

You need to get a long range tank from another ute sorry.

so they do make a factory long range fuel tank for a vs ute then????

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT

Yep. $30 each from supercheap. They're red in colour, you'll find them in the 'jerry can' aisle.

Seriously, you've got a ute! That's all i used to do....works wonders for waking you up too, standing on the side of the road, 2am in the middle of nowhere with footy shorts and a singlet on with -5 degree wind blowing up your shorts lol

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
a jerry can wasnt realy the answer i was after! didnt realy need to know bout the wind blowing up ya shorts either! lol

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Apparently, the V6 sedan came with a 59L tank, the V8 sedan came with a 73L tank.
As far as the ute goes, the V6 & V8 came with the same tank (64L), with no long range option.

I've also had a look for aftermarket long range tanks, as I recall someone did them, but I haven't found anything thus far.

So it looks like jerry cans might be your cheapest option so far :p

EDIT: Just saw the VG ute came with 68L tank, whether it's a typo or not, wouldn't be worth the root around for an extra 4 litres lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute

Hmm, I always thought there was an option for the larger tank. Especially given there is so much extra room next to the stock tank.

I do however just use a jerry can or two i the back. Gives you so much more fuel/range than any long range tank ever could. One of the best things about having a ute bud.

Perhaps you should just consider doing that, maybe make up a custom lockable box to store them in even.