Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bigger fuel tank vs ute

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
jerry can isnt an option! mite have to fab something up if there was no option of a long range tank for a ute!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
jerry can isnt an option! mite have to fab something up if there was no option of a long range tank for a ute!

Even if there is a stock option it will be a very rare part. Tracking one down will be very very hard.

If you are willing to spend the time and money then yes, my advice would be to fabricate a custom job. Good luck with it.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
How far do you have to go?

Just putting it out there, but have you thought about putting LPG on there?
There might be a government rebate and all that other stuff, all the while acting like a long range tank?

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
lpg would be ok but we dont have that where i am! mite see if i can incorparate a 20l sub tank that mite fit in the spare space!

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
pretty sure they were a factory option 110L's from memory. good luck finding one though. thats why the cavity the tanks is in is so big

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
lpg would be ok but we dont have that where i am! mite see if i can incorparate a 20l sub tank that mite fit in the spare space!

You could fit more that 20L in there, you have to make it worth the effort!

pretty sure they were a factory option 110L's from memory. good luck finding one though. thats why the cavity the tanks is in is so big

I've never heard of them, has anyone got one?
I'd be interested to see what sort of pickup they use.
You would probably have to use two pumps, the stock pumps aren't very good at self priming as far as I know. Maybe one of the reasons they are in the tank lol

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
i don't fully understand wat vt 565 means but its one big tank not 2 separate ones

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i don't fully understand wat vt 565 means but its one big tank not 2 separate ones

Well, to put an extra large tank in the ute, it will have to be on the other side of the hump in the floor pan and it will be a fairly tight fit to go over.

GMBanisher

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN
Holden never released a bigger tank for them, which is a joke, you could fit twice the tank in there with no problems at all, I want a bigger tank myself and I won't mention what I think of the gas option in case kids read the forums :) If I was planning on keeping mine forever I'd consider the custom made tank but with my track record with cars I'll get sick of this one to and go for somethin else again soon :(

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Holden never released a bigger tank for them, which is a joke, you could fit twice the tank in there with no problems at all, I want a bigger tank myself and I won't mention what I think of the gas option in case kids read the forums :) If I was planning on keeping mine forever I'd consider the custom made tank but with my track record with cars I'll get sick of this one to and go for somethin else again soon :(

Wow, seriously? No long range option? Then what the blazes is with that huge wasted space to the side of it? Damn... Holden really is the epitome of Australian engineering: dodgy.