Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bigger injectors for my VZ after cams have gone in?

kvmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Calais VZ V6
Sorry if title doesnt help, new to the whole car mod thinf and couldnt find anything so I made an account to ask what I exactly need.

I have a 04 VZ calais V6 (LY7 if that helps sorry) and I bought the camshaft package from mace engineering. I’ve been advised the valve springs will need to be upgraded which is fair enough, but now also being advised to get “bigger fuel injectors” which im assuming a better flowing LB or CC and a “different fuel pump”. Can anyone help me if thats necessary and if V8 VZ ones would fit into my V6 VZ or if anyone could point me in the right direction..

thank you!!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Unless it's got forced induction I really doubt it needs them, would pretty much mean that the current ones are running close to 100% with no overhead available which I really doubt is the case. Any injectors that you do get will require a retune though, when you're getting it tuned for the cams then take that into account.

kvmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Calais VZ V6
Unless it's got forced induction I really doubt it needs them, would pretty much mean that the current ones are running close to 100% with no overhead available which I really doubt is the case. Any injectors that you do get will require a retune though, when you're getting it tuned for the cams then take that into account.

thanks heaps man appreciate it