Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Billet servo or corvette servo?

Hallsy02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Wagon
I Have a Transgo Stage 2 shift kit to go on my VN, but yet to decide on which 2nd servo to get.
Was wondering about peoples opinions on which is better etc.

Cheers.

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
The billet 2nd servo will give harder shifts than the corvette 2nd servo due to the greater surface area on it. They're geared more towards racing applications though as it is quite a hard shift. The corvette 2nd servo still provides a firm shift whilst retaining some comfort for everyday driving.

I imagine the billet 2nd servo would probably get a bit annoying in your daily after the novelty wears off. I'd personally recommend getting yourself the corvette 2nd servo and a billet 4th servo.

Don't forget to have a pan gasket handy when doing this as you'll need to take the pan off to check the clearance of the band on the drum, if you're doing it yourself that is.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
If you want your neck/spine snapped and chirping tyres (good fun in the wet) EVERY time you change into 2nd then go the billet servo. You won't be disappointed with how hard it shifts, combined with the transgo kit too would make it mental. Might put a bit more stress on your transmission though.

Corvette servo with the transgo kit would be a pretty good middle ground though I reckon.

Hallsy02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Wagon
Cheers for the reply guys.

So you think with the billet 2nd servo it will be a bit of a handful? Im all up for fun, but not the fun gettin my neck snapped visciously all the time.
With the corvette 2nd servo, is it best advised to get the longer pin to stop it moving much?
And what benefits will the billet give me for the 4th servo say over the corvette 4th?

Much appreciated guys, thanks.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
corvette servo is planty with a shiftkit mine chirps the tyres pretty much idling along when you select 2nd i have shiftkit and boost valve too and its set on max hard shifts for the turbo and drags

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
Cheers for the reply guys.

So you think with the billet 2nd servo it will be a bit of a handful? Im all up for fun, but not the fun gettin my neck snapped visciously all the time.
With the corvette 2nd servo, is it best advised to get the longer pin to stop it moving much?
And what benefits will the billet give me for the 4th servo say over the corvette 4th?

Much appreciated guys, thanks.

Theres no special corvette 4th servo, they use the standard oem 4th servo. The most common performance 4th servos are the Superior and Sonnax varieties. The 4th servo is usually more expensive too.

Hallsy02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Wagon
Cheers Delco, i think a billet 2nd might be a tad over the top, so i think a corvette 2nd and 4th might be the go?
Ive been reading through alot of threads lately and your name seems to pop up alot to do with tuning etc, i dont really know much about memcals, tunes etc.
I posted this thread hoping to get a couple of answers but yet had a reply.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...88-1993/158826-vn-conversion-vr-now-what.html

Might sound a bit noobish but yeah everyone starts off somewhere, do you mind having a gander and giving me your thoughts/ advice?

Thanks heaps, all is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hallsy02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Wagon
Oh ok, i was reading through another thread before and someone mentioned it, so i was under the impression there was :p
The Superior 4th servo in terms of what it does, is it mainly to do with towing capabilities? If towing is the main increase driving wise i dont think it will be to much use of me.

Cheers.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
dont really need a 4th gear upgraded servo cause you dont really slam into 4th gear at pace much LOL

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I have billet 2nd and 4th servos and also shift kit.

It is like a gentle shove in the back under light throttle. You get used to it but it is funny to see passengers reactions when they first feel it.