Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Billet servos are they better than corvette servos

BIG-EV

Project VT (In Progress)
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 VTII Executive 3.8L Supercharged V6 Wagon
hey i just upgraded from my dull NA ecotec to my new l67 and im was gonna do up my trans a bit further. i currently have a stage 2 tansgo shift kit and corvette servo and its awesome but i just came across billet servos and are apparently way better. does anyone know what they are like and anyone has them in their car? and anyone know about the trango stage 3 kit what difference is it from the stage 2 kit?

taaa

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
1) If all you've installed in your box is a stage 2 transgo kit, then there are still things in there that will break before a corvette servo :) It should be well good for your needs.

2) The only difference between stage 2 and 3, is that stage 3 is fully manualised - i.e. the car only ever operates in the gear you select.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Some of those billet servos are wider than the cast ones so the make even more pressure but I dunno man, I only have a standard gearbox and a cast corvette servo and even that is way harsh from 1st 2nd resulting in all kinds of sideways action and slow times due to wheelspin

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
agreed ^^ 1st-2nd shifting half way round the corner is ass, all kinds of trouble, If the billet one isn't much more expensive go for it, otherwise if its heaps more like $30+ I wouldn't bother.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i think its like 130 more not worth it your transmission is fine just get a transmission cooler and deep pan fitted if its got the shallow pan

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
if your building a monster go the billet, but otherwise i wouldnt think you'd need it

it gives a larger surface area for the oil to push on the servo to engage gear quicker.. considering the corvette servo launches into 2nd, i cant imagine what the snap from the billet would give u.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
The transgo HD2-C kit is best with a Corvette servo. A billet servo on a stock box is not needed or a smart move. It has triple the apply area of the stocker servo whoch can stuff the box on the 2-3 band release due to it's larger surface area adn drag the band.

Cooler is essential after a shift kit as abit more heat comes from the trans. How big did you go on the seperator fluid apply holes? There is room for fine tuning there as well as up grading the accumulator pistons too. These mods will get the Valave body in as good shape as possible without a full trans rebuild. The billet accumulators have nice o- rings that take up slack in the bores and bring stuff back to tolerance.

BIG-EV

Project VT (In Progress)
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 VTII Executive 3.8L Supercharged V6 Wagon
well i doo have a trans cooler (a big hemi v8 one) and the box was fully rebuilt from scratch when the stage 2 kit got put in. i assume it would have no issues with a billet servo. and the stage 3 kit that's just manualised right no extra hard shifts? also does anyone know where i can find a deep sump pan for a supercharged ecotec?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Anything for a 4L60E will do the job.

summitracing.com , vpw.com.au , rocket.com.au all have them