Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

binnacle guages compartment?

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
in HSV models you get the binnacle guages in the top of the dash in the middle and once i saw a car (i think calais) with a storage compartment there instead and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it or have any pictures?
thanks

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
dash.png

dash1.png

VZ Calais

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I think VZ calais have the storage compartment. My VY II calais does not, and when I was car shopping all the VZ calais I drove had it - dunno if they were series I or II.
I have seen the compartment on ebay for like $120. Not a lot of useable space in it.

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
do you think a small tacho would fit in there? because i have a charged vy and im planning on gettin a boot guage for it but i like it to look clean..

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
You can buy the VY binnacles empty from eBay. It'll make it look clean and factory. The gauges or compartment from a VZ Calais won't fit in a VY because of the dash design difference, and the storage compartment is not big enough for much more than a phone or wallet

Chrisvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
After market

Well being on a budget I installed the SS Inductions one $80 and bought the drift gauges.
Got the power from the optional smokers pack plug which is there, just hav to fit T piece and sender for pressure gauge.Had to do a little bit of filing to getit to fit proplerly and still have some more minor filing to make it perfect.

Attachments

• Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 434
  • Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 798
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,029

ARATIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot House VY SS
You can buy the genuine HSV pod from your local Holden dealer for about $50 cheaper than what they are being sold for by one seller on ebay

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
called up holden a while ago and asked what was involved with changing over to a dash that had that compartment, he said it only came with the climate control models and wouldnt fit any model without it. youd need a whole new bcm, dash and climate control definately not worth it for a little storage compartment, cheaper to buy the genuine pod with genuine gauges all fitted by holden lol.

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
yea stuff doing all of that lol. ill probs just get the hsv one.. betta start saving ay

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
called up holden a while ago and asked what was involved with changing over to a dash that had that compartment, he said it only came with the climate control models and wouldnt fit any model without it. youd need a whole new bcm, dash and climate control definately not worth it for a little storage compartment, cheaper to buy the genuine pod with genuine gauges all fitted by holden lol.
It also only fits the upmarket VZ dashes with the extra chunky trim around the console. I got one of those compartments and it didn't fit my VY Berlina.