Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bit of security..

I

iLoveJessika

gday fellas i know that this topic has been covered a number of times before but this is kinda different.. i was just wondering if any body could please PM with some plans for a killswitch with two switches, one for the ignition/starter and one for the fuel pump.. if so then could you please include which wire i should be looking for and possible mounting positions.. thanks in advance..:thumbsup:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I would get a manual. Have a look through the wiring diagrams and all you need to do is find the colour wire you are looking for. Find a suitable spot to hide the switch and run the wires to it. You can choose anywhere to put the switch in the system. I would be extremly cautious though. If you are asking where to connect to, I would assume you dont have too much electronics knowledge. Now if you dont have too much electronics knowledge, and you go cutting and joining wires, you can easily make bad joints that wont work and will leave you unable to start the car or stalling everytime you put the brakes on or something like that. It will envolve working through thick braids of wires too.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Do a GOOGLE search for "relay kill switch" and you will get plenty of setups - then its up to you.
I use a tiny switch located in my centre console which I must hold in whilst cranking the engine. Failure to hold the switch in stops the fuelpump getting power. It uses a 12V relay mounted behind the rear seat and over the fuel tank to switch the power to the pump. Take a bit of wiring but works.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I

iLoveJessika

thanks

thanks heaps fellas, i appreciate it..

kopper: yea i know where u are coming from on this but luckily i have a pretty good background with electronics so im not worried at all about the joints i basically just needed some ideas as to what ppl have done before.. and with asking about which wire to cut thats just me being lazy :D but i have a few ideas so i'll have a squiz a the wiring setup through my car and make my choice..

hako: thanks for the advice on the GOOGLE search champ, by the way that setup yu have sounds pretty good, nice idea...like i said to kopper ive got a few ideas up my sleeve but id rather have a lot of ideas so that i can sort through and choose which i feel is the best rather than just go with my first thought, because technically if it is my first thought than what is stopping it from being the bastard who is trying to steal the car's first thought..

so yeh thanks a ton to you to guys for all your help.. i really appreciate it