Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bitch'n

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Acer are actually quite reasoable usually with complaints and problems. I have dealt with them before from a retail perspective.
Let me see if I can chase a number up for you of a rep or something tommorow at work.
What state are u from Guy?

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Thanks guys....As I said I have no problem with the computer and yes it was more expensive than I could have built it myself....as I've explained before I used to play with computers a number of years ago so I do know a bit about it.

We only got it because the 12 months interest free ( and yes I know the problems with that too...don't scold me) period and the fact that I needed it in a hurry and that I could upgrade the whole thing once money got a bit better.

Oh and God I know how long it takes to change a hard drive...and yes about 5 minutes...if you go slow. Thats what shits me off...not the time to diagnose it because the poor underpaid bastard at the counter is overworked but the time to get the w'tee work done. THAT SHITS ME OFF!!!!

Yes I have fdisked and formated it both normal and using nortons. A number of times!!!! It the hard drive for sure. The problem is that the XP discs are only the factory set and not the full version...piece of ****! Not knowing much about XP (old win 3.1 and '95 man) it almost appears that windows is either loading over the problem or every time it loads the bloody thing gets more bad sectors..either way i can't get rid of them and they get more every second day or so!!

Well I'm going to Townsville tomorrow and I'll drop it off to "get it diagnosed". I'm going for a week so that should give them long enough to "look" at it.

Hope to see all of you soon. Will jump up and down if they send the computer away. I'll take it home, pull the bloody hard drive out and send it COD to ACER. You know you would not get the shits if they did what they say they will and at least got back to a bloke. The major problem is that I don't get home until after 6pm which in daylight saving zones (and not here in Queensland) is 7pm oops too late for me to ring them. But with my redundancy in two weeks I'll have all the time in the world to annoy the F*ck out of them.

Regards Guy...thanks fella's.

P

portercg

Gee Guy,
Imagine being without aircon in your car for that long? I'd go mental!!

GP

R

Robbie

QUOTE (bextor84 @ Mar 11 2004, 11:37 AM) I wouldn't buy a pc from Dell, Harvey Norman, Packard Bell, any of them. You only need to compare the prices.

Not to mention they give you onboard sound and video most of the time, combined with slow ass RAM.

If you want a computer, go to a computer store, tell them what you want, and they will order it in and build it for you. Then you have a warranty for 12 months or you can pay for more.
It's the only way I've ever gotten my computers and its the only way I will always go.

Why pay 2200 to dell when you can get the same thing for 1400 elsewhere.

Hey Bextor.

I must say i have never found a supplier cheaper then dell that actually sells good gear. We spend $11k on our workstations and The cheapest place in Newcastle I know for descent gear could only do it for the same price, and that was their buy price (The guys a friend). Their low end systems are cheao but leave no spare PCi slots or the like so you can't upgrade them, hence them being dirt cheap. Pc's with LCD monitors and DVD burners for $1k.

We had a lot of optima's before moving to Dell... We had a real problem there with performance and reliability.

Just my 2 cents

Robbie