Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

black 308 carby valve problem

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
would the trick of refilling with atf fluid rectify this, or should i be pulling the pump off..

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
should be able to remove the pressure releif without taking the pump off should be a bolt on the side of the pump with a spring and plunger in it

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
well this morning i pulled the inlet manifold off and started to remove the lifters as i got a new set when i pulled out the suspect one it looked ok at first then i turned it upside down and the cam had warn into the base of it (like dug a hole)

i will try to capture a picture of it and post it up later

i spun the cam around and the lobe looks ok there are some marks on it (tiny scratches)

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
problem is fixed and it seems to have helped with stop the bad ticking motor had aswell.....

thanks all for ya help, will also be looking at the pressure relief valve in the oil pump..

one question regarding that what should i clean it with/in....

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
Thats the go man, use carby cleaner or brake clean it works sweet and no residue, don't get it in ya eye's it burns like f#ck haha

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok well got under the car and undid the bolt for the pressure relief valve and it had the spring attached to that bolt but the valve didnt come out with it.

is there away of removing it as i couldnt really see much from looking into the hole???

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
got an air compressor blow it out via the oil pressure switch hole or get some pliers in there to grab it.or worst come to worst wind it over with the bolt out.