Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black Edition SV6 "Sandman"

Camper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Ute
Hi mate. Looks good. What's the visibility like with the canopy. I assume there would be some major blind spots.

Not too bad actually, the small windows on the sides are great, I can see through the back glass of the cab and out those windows and I can see straight out the back with the rear view mirror. The reverse camera is handy to.

The bigger problem is as well reported, the A pillars are huge and in your sight line when checking as you pull out, can't blame the canopy for that.
I have learned to raise my seating position and look out the side windows more, coming from a 2001 Lancer the difference was huge, but after getting used to it I really only notice when going through a very tight left hander.

Those big A pillars do come with the 5 star safety rating, so not sure I would change them if I could.

COOP_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series 2 SV6 Wagon Alto Grey
This is awesome so different and so good to see an Aussie car taking on Australia like they used to keen for the camper build

VBVF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE V8 & VF2 SV6 Ute with Sandman canopy
Oh good to see another one, there's not too many of us. Especially here in SA, I'm not aware of another VF with an amcat Canopy although I do know there's a VE in Perfect Blue in SA. Here's a few pics of mine, everywhere I go I get curious glares and questions about it.

Attachments

• 0876C74D-80F0-40AB-9E68-9C2F9737AD15.jpg
    0876C74D-80F0-40AB-9E68-9C2F9737AD15.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 456

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Oh good to see another one, there's not too many of us. Especially here in SA, I'm not aware of another VF with an amcat Canopy although I do know there's a VE in Perfect Blue in SA. Here's a few pics of mine, everywhere I go I get curious glares and questions about it.
Anyone have more VF sandman canopy pics?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
To bump an old thread again is AMCAT still around?

Looking to make my manual locked hardlid into central locked.

If anyone has any help appreciate it.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Loved all the photos. 'Camper' does not seem to have been here for a while, but I like that he has been to places, that most seem to think need a 4WD, in an 'ordinary' road car.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i had never seen this thread before gave me some great vibes, would love to see what the OP is up to these days with his Aussie machine.

PeteMug

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf series II
Bit of a long shot, but do you know if anyone still makes these panel van campers? Ive got a VF ute, id love to convert and do exactly as you have. I looked up Amcat, but they're permanently closed. Do you know anyone else in melbourne? and also approx. price you paid? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers