Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black EST 202 pinging so is it a CAS vac leak or the EGR

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
I like old school. There is the ATF into the brake booster line method too. I am using a bit of "oil" ( aka kerosene shhhhhhhh) in the fuel and water into the carb together for more sustained and continuous action over time.

Last edited:

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
The 202 is idling a bit fast. The throttle shaft return is binding a little on the varajet and does not go all the way back to where it should. The throttle return spring is original and may be a bit tired. It is annoying and was wondering what is the best way to fix it.

Last edited:

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Have others had problems with their carby return springs as above?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Haven't had issues with the return spring...Not much help but the best solution is find out why the throttle shaft is binding, rather than look at the return spring...

If I get a chance, I'll have a sticky at the varijet I have on my VH and see if I can pick up a cause for the throttle shaft to bind up and report back

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Haven't had issues with the return spring...Not much help but the best solution is find out why the throttle shaft is binding, rather than look at the return spring...

If I get a chance, I'll have a sticky at the varijet I have on my VH and see if I can pick up a cause for the throttle shaft to bind up and report back

Thanks i appreciate it. I thought the throttle shaft needed a good clean and a bit of lubrication but it did not fix the issue so i wondered if the spring lost some tension over its 35 tender years.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Have you checked that the shaft isn't bent slightly? This might explain why it's not returning properly

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Have you checked that the shaft isn't bent slightly? This might explain why it's not returning properly

It looks okay. The shaft sits in a little ball joint and pivots on that. I thought there was a rod sleeved in the shaft but its not.

Maybe i need to adjust the automatic choke but i didn't think it would affect the throttle return in such a manner?

Last edited:

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
It still doesn't seem to return 100%. Odd.